ѕєνєηту-тняєє

•·················•·················•
ʟɪꜱᴛᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ꜱᴘᴏᴛɪꜰʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ
ʙʏ ᴋɪʀꜱxᴛʏ. ʟɪɴᴋ ɪꜱ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ.
•·················•·················•

The woods were neverending. Like they were following an endless path of misery. They were dehydrated, starving and cold, even as the spring sun shone down on them. But they held hands throughout the treacherous trek.

Every step became more unbearable but also one step closer to being safe again; wherever that would be or when they didn't know, they just knew they would get there together.

Draco was quiet. Too quiet. Vienna noticed but so was she, so she remained as she was and didn't question him on it. His eyes were on alert. Constantly looking behind them, making sure they weren't being followed.

It had been a long time since the two had spoken, their weak bodies had no energy for words.

But that changed when Vienna looked up from the leafy ground and saw they were nearing a cliff side. Grey smoke filled the air, travelling upward.

"Look!" Vienna froze in her step and Draco immediately followed her eyes, "what do you think is down there?"

Vienna and Draco hastily made their way toward the edge and peered down. A small village lay at the bottom. Woodland still surrounded it but there was a civilization which meant water and food. A change of clothes perhaps.

"This will have to do," Draco muttered to himself like he was hoping for somewhere better. Safer. But this was better than walking a hundred miles more.

Vienna knew it too. A small village could be dangerous. Everyone down there most likely knows everyone else. So two bloodstained clothed teenagers walking around wouldn't go unnoticed by the villagers.

"We'll get water and food, and then leave," Vienna squeezed his hand and he responded with a nod of his head and thinned lips. He smiled but it didn't seem to reach his eyes.

He was just tired, Vienna told herself.

And then they made their way to the bottom. To the strange little village.

༺♥༻

The village was quiet, quiet enough for their breathing to be heard as they walked wearily into the cascade of cabins and old-built cottages. The fire cracked from a tall mill and by it stood two, dirt-covered, workers fueling it.

Draco gripped her hand as they passed two women holding a basket of food goods. Their eyes met with theirs in a split second, the ladies eyes narrowed as they took in their state of them. But both Draco and Vienna kept their eyes relaxed and their walk steadily fast.

This was not a time to draw attention to themselves.

Neither Vienna or Draco had ever seen a village quiet like this—so old and quiet—it was almost as though they all still lived in the 1800's still. Frozen in time almost.

Scruffy dogs sat panting and children laughed as they ran in front of them. Their laughter stained their memory. Vienna dared a look back at the women, to see them seemingly gossiping about them. She wisely ignored her anger.