єιgнту-єιgнт

•·················•·················•
ʟɪꜱᴛᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ꜱᴘᴏᴛɪꜰʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ
ʙʏ ᴋɪʀꜱxᴛʏ. ʟɪɴᴋ ɪꜱ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ.
•·················•·················•

Not two days ago Vienna was standing in that small, bright church and now she is sitting silently in the dim and neverending library of Hogwarts. A boarding school she once called her safe place, now she wants nothing more than to leave and never return. She almost missed the days when she would look forward to coming back.

Now, everything was miserable and quiet. Not in the way that the world was silent, but in the way where everything had become nothing. Nothing was keeping her happy, there was nothing to look forward to. Nothing to do but drink and think. Or cry and sleep. It was all so quiet.

And now about three weeks remain of school and Vienna has no idea what to do next or where to go. She once wanted to study and pass her exams, just so she could leave. But that was when she needed an escape.

Now, there was nothing to escape other than life.

"We should go to Hogsmeade," Natalie chirped, interrupting Vienna's thoughts.

Vienna looked up, and nothing but the ruffling of papers and quiet chatter filled the library as she looked into the dark eyes of her friend. She twisted her pen in her hand as the tip lay against her lip.

"Me, you, Pansy, Blaise and Theo should all go to Hogsmeade this evening," Natalie added, Vienna envied the joy she always seemed to carry.

"Why?" Vienna asked her tone a little blunt.

"Why not?" Natalie smiled as she shrugged her shoulders, "It'll be fun and could be the last time we go to Hogsmeade. And besides. . . I need you to pick out your birthday gift."

Her birthday. She almost forgot.

"I don't need a gift," Vienna lightly shook her head, "nor do I want one."

"It's your birthday! I'm getting you a present," Natalie chuckled quietly. Vienna only stared blankly at the papers in front of her which lay messily with notes, whereas Vienna's still lay untouched.

"I don't want to celebrate this year," Vienna said casually.

Natalie blinked, her eyes drooping a little like she only just noticed the sadness in her eyes. She leant forward, her hand still a little far to be able to grab her hand but still, she said, "you deserve to have a special day. After everything, you should treat eighteen like a new beginning."

Vienna suddenly realized she had never spent her birthday with Draco. This would have been her first birthday with him but now he is gone.

"It's just not the same," Vienna mumbled. Her words sort of floating into oblivion.

Natalie smiled softly, and she desperately wanted to bring a smile to her face, "at least let me throw you a party! There will be alcohol and lots of it?"

Vienna looked up, her eyes a little wider and a glisten of desire twinkling in them.

"That, I could bare," Vienna answered and Natalie replied with an excited squirm as she stood to her feet.

"It will be fun, I promise you," Natalie said as she began packing up her things.

Vienna forced a smile as her friend left the library. The setting sun shone through the stained glass windows and the the day slowly grew darker. Just like Vienna's mind did.

It was insane how grief was affecting her. A couple of days ago, she found out that her mother was alive but she still felt such sadness and darkness. And the temptation of death still called her name.

༺♥༻

Vienna has sat in complete dissociation in the slowly darkening library. The large room had been lost by the golden rays of the bright sun but now it remained in a dim candle light and lamps spread across the room. But Vienna never noticed.

She didn't notice the students that left to go to dinner and she hadn't noticed when she was the only one who remained. Her notes were still untouched and her chair hadn't even budged an inch in the last hours she sat there.

She hadn't been aware of the time and she sat so silently that the librarian didn't even notice she was still there when she left. Vienna just remained in silence, staring into the evil oblivion of nothing.

But when a whistle echoed against the bookshelves and high ceilings, her eyes seemed to snap awake. She blinked a few times, noticing the library was in almost complete darkness and then straightened her posture and completely forgot the whistle until it came again.

This time, she looked up and then left, to the direction it echoed from. Then it came again, but this time from the right.

Her bag was on the floor, just where she left it hours ago, Vienna grabbed it and put her notes into it before standing and walking toward the exit. It was a little hard to see as she walked Through the moonlit library.

But the whistle came another time. This time from behind her. She turned her head over her shoulder but kept walking. And then, she turned her head front and she suddenly jumped, stopping in her step as she crashed into a chest.

It was Ron.

"You know your not supposed to be in here after curfew," he said with a sheepish grin on his face.

She wasn't in the mood to play games.

"Go fuck yourself," Vienna said with boredom as she shoved past him.

His laugh echoed throughout the library but she kept walking. Until Hermione appeared round the corner of the end of the long bookshelf.

"You're not leaving," Hermione smiled, her tone annoyingly high.

Vienna sighed as she looked back at Ron who was standing with his hands in his pockets, "what are you two doing?"

Hermione's smile grew wider and with a tilt of her head she said, "Call it revenge."

Vienna furrowed her brows, "what—?"

The floorboard creaked behind her and something was thrown over her hand. She didn't know what but she count see anything but black. Hands were around her waist and throat and she was being pulled somewhere.

She heard laughing and bangs but she was so shocked that she didn't even scream. Vienna gripped whoever hands were on her and tried prying them off of her but they were much stronger. She groaned as they forced her forward, still holding her as they took her somewhere. But before she could get much of a groan or a scream out a hand was over her mouth.

In the end she gave up fighting and just let whoever was holding her take her to wherever they wanted her to be.

Call it revenge, Hermione's words echoed in her mind.

___________________________________

Instagram - kirsten.enn

Copyright © kirsten enn