σηє-нυη∂яє∂ & ѕιχ

WARNING:description of violence and murder.

•·················•·················•
ʟɪꜱᴛᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ꜱᴘᴏᴛɪꜰʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ ʟɪɴᴋ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ.
•·················•·················•

Vienna felt like she couldn't breathe but she kept calm as she stood from the stool. The cold tip of the gun was still forced against her bare back and still low enough that no one could see, not even Draco. Fuck. This was bad. Their plan had failed and Draco had no idea what was coming.

Lucius' breath was warm against the back of her neck as he growled, "Good. . . Now walk."

She was angry — so angry and so scared. But like always her anger was winning, overpowering her fear, giving her enough confidence to speak back.

"How did you know?" she asked Lucius as they began walking through the bustling crowd, Lucius extremely close behind her.

"Keep walking," he seethed through gritted teeth. Nobody batted an eye in their direction not that they would try and help her. They were all too caught up in dancing, talking to potential suitors, and sipping their glasses of expensive wine or discussing their next crimes.

"I am walking," Vienna snapped in a low rage-filled voice.

Lucius made a sound that sounded like a chuckle, "I told you, girl. At the funeral. Do you really think I believed my son was dead? I've known, even then outside that sunny church that my son was alive."

Vienna was utterly speechless. Lucius was more dangerous and more powerful of a man than she thought. A conniving bastard. Maybe she had been too deep in grief and despair to notice. To see through the lies that he told her that day. She wanted to stab him in the neck with her blade but the gun pressing into her back reminded her that wasn't an option.

She had no options.

"You aren't as smart as I thought you were," Lucius added.

"His going to kill you," Vienna told him, her words like firey hatred coming out of her mouth even though she wasn't sure how this night was going to end. She hoped with his blood on her hands.

Another deep laugh, "I don't think so."

She turned her eyes to the right and then to the left as they neared the grand staircase. She couldn't see anything that could help her. Nothing at all. No chance of escape, no possible distinction. Nothing. All she had left to do was lead Lucius to Draco and hope to God that he had a better plan that Lucius.

Vienna walked up the stairs and soon they would be gone from the ball and all the watching eyes. That eerie ballroom music was fading dark chills crawled up her back at the thought of what Lucius would do when they were no eyes on them.

She felt like she was walking willingly to her own death and leading Draco's killer right to him. But there was nothing she could do.

"Are you going to kill him?" Vienna questioned Lucius, like there was a chance of her convincing him of change his mind.

The hallway was silent and she saw the door at the end of it, dark double doors staring right at her and she knew Draco was behind them. But she still had hope he wasn't. Maybe she could lead him into another door. . . but how could she warn Draco?