ηιηєту-ѕєνєη

•·················•·················•
ʟɪꜱᴛᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ꜱᴘᴏᴛɪꜰʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ
ʙʏ ᴋɪʀꜱxᴛʏ. ʟɪɴᴋ ɪꜱ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ.
•·················•·················•

Vienna could only hear the sound of her heart pounding inside her chest — a slow continuous pound as she started, eyes wide at Draco. Her vision blinked in and out of blurriness and she wasn't sure if she was actually seeing him or if it was her mind playing tricks on her.

Hermione's face was as white as a ghost and there was a tremendous amount of fear and regret in her eyes.

Draco walked toward Hermione who still held the blade too close to Vienna, blood still dripping from it.

"I dare you to run, Granger," Draco growled, his steps becoming closer and closer.

"You're supposed to be dead," Hermione's voice was shaky and Vienna could hear it, could feel how pleasing her desperate, confused and terrified voice sounded.

"I'm not but you're about to be," Draco snarled.

"You'll have to catch me first," Hermione stepped backwards, bumping into Vienna's weak body and making the chains rattle. Hermione made a good effort to sound strong and fearless but it was useless.

Hermione jumped back from Vienna and began approaching the open door to her left. She had her bloody knife drawn in her shaky hand and Vienna's blood dripping from it. Draco smirked as he approached her, already going to his side to grab another knife.

"Brave words for a scared little mouse," Draco was smiling but he was not in no way merry. No, he was angered and blind with rage and he was going to enjoy killing Hermione.

Vienna heard Draco's words like a siren's voice. It was enchanting to hear his words again, to feel his evil again, to feel powerful at his side again. But she was in chains, she remembered, and still bleeding out. Her consciousness was slipping away more and more by the second.

"Go on," Draco snarled with a daring tilt of his head, "run."

Hermione let out a yelp and then turned on her heel and ran toward the exit. Vienna could just about see through her hazy vision and damp hair hanging in her face, Hermione run to the door with such fright but then she skidded to a halt when Owen's appeared at the door.

Hermione bounced off his chest and fell backwards to the dirty floor.

"Who the hell are you?" Hermione yelled through her sobs.

Vienna turned away when she felt hands on her side. Such familiar and strong hands. She let out a little breath as she came face to face with Draco. It was him, even though her blurred vision she knew it was him.

"Draco," Vienna cried, her voice no more than a weak whisper.

"I'm here," Draco said as he raised his arms to where her wrist were tied and began freeing them, "I'm here, now."

There was so much going on in Vienna's mind that she was utterly speechless. All she could do was try and focus her eyes on his face, to look at him clearly but she was fading quickly.

"Vienna," Draco said as he freed one of her wrists and her body fell to the side, the chain around her other wrist being the only thing supporting her, "stay with me," his hand came to the side of her face.

But she was almost out cold and fear overcame Draco. He reached her other wrist and freed it quickly. Her body would have fallen to the floor if Draco hadn't caught her. He fell to his knees with her in his arms, holding her desperately and close.

He moved her hair out of her face as her eyes were nothing more than desperate blinks of life.

"No. No. No. No." Draco mumbled as he looked at the girl he loved covered in blood and dying.

He should have been here. This wouldn't have happened if he was here to protect her. He wanted to hurt himself in so many dark ways. This moment, her pain-filled, bloody face would haunt and torture him for the rest of his days. 

His tears fell smoothly down his face and drowned his cheeks damp.

"Owens!" Draco yelled looking up to see him handcuffing Hermione's hands behind her back, "help. She needs help."

Owens came rushing toward them and fell to his knees and pulled out his phone.

Vienna could no longer hear anything and the world above her moved with smooth, slow grace. She saw Draco and felt him. That's all she wanted. That had been all she wanted and now he is here. She can see him again. Feel him again. But she was dying, and his touch wouldn't be felt for much longer.

She saw Owens yelling at someone on the phone but couldn't hear what he was saying. This is what she wanted. Isn't it? She had wanted to die. To feel the pain of death?

She tried to stay and a choke of a final attempt to stay breathing came from Vienna and she could feel the blood seeping out of her mouth.

Draco was saying something to her but she couldn't hear him.

Then she saw lights. Blue and bright flashing lights bounced off of their faces and the broken building. But her eyes were closing. She blinked once. Then when she opened her eyes, Draco was gone. She saw a woman and a man instead. People she didn't know.

Where was Draco?

She blinked again and this time she was in a bright place. White ceiling and what looked like medical supplies. Was she in an ambulance? She blinked again and that man was above her again with a stethoscope. He was saying something but then Vienna's eyes closed again.

And this time they didn't open.

___________________________________

Instagram - kirsten.enn

Copyright © kirsten enn