єιgнту

Warning: thoughts of suicide.

•·················•·················•
ʟɪꜱᴛᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ꜱᴘᴏᴛɪꜰʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ
ʙʏ ᴋɪʀꜱxᴛʏ. ʟɪɴᴋ ɪꜱ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ.
•·················•·················•

The world seemed distant when Vienna opened the familiar door of her dormitory. Her belly tightened as she walked into the dark alone room. She was expecting to see Natalie but found nothing but darkness and the gloomy shadows of the moonlight welcoming her.

She flicked the light switch and a few lamps sparked the room in golden light and found herself all alone. It was like the room hadn't been touched in years. It was just how it was the last time she was in here.

Vienna walked to her bed which was lazily made, blankets and pillows still crinkled from when she last slept there. The silence was hell. The world had seemed quieter since Draco left it. Her bed creaked as she sat on it, aimlessly and confused.

Her eyes scanned the room but found no reason or point to her existence. She should probably shower and go to bed. She could use a good night's sleep in the familiar comfort of her bed.

Then her eyes landed on a black shirt atop the rug beneath her feet. And not just any shirt. Vienna bent down and picked it up, bringing the shirt to her nose and sniffed deeply, closing her eyes and she inhaled the familiar smell of Draco.

Her first clenched around the fabric until her knuckles glistened white. She wanted to scream, cry and smash everything in this room to tiny pieces. She felt a strong urge for violence.

But instead, she stood to her feet and walked into her bathroom with his shirt in her hand. She turned the light on, and the shower also. The water trickled down, silencing the silence.

༺♥༻

The water was freezing against her skin, leaving Vienna in a shivering mess as she sat on the floor of her shower. She held her knees tightly against her chest as she simply stared at nothing. All she could think about was Draco. How she is going to make life without him livable?

How he died hating her. How he betrayed her. None of it made sense. He seemed so in love with her but maybe her head was just showing her what she craved the most. Maybe she was truly insane.

Vienna often thought she was cursed. Cursed to live such a horrific, tragic life. Like any happiness she found would be destroyed until she was right where she started. Her mum. Draco. Even Natalie. She was growing tired of the constant disappointment, fear and sadness.

And it was all boiled from one person, her father. The man who destroyed any good inside of her.

But she was trying. Little by little, she found the courage to continue. Just like she had after her mum died and had to endure years of abuse. Even when Cedric had told her just how unlovable she is. And now that Draco is gone—

No matter how desperately she didn't want to, she survived. She was strong and she'll continue to be strong. For everyone who she had lost, even if they hated her. And she'll fight until she finds forever happiness.

And until then, she'll try not to give into her darkest of thoughts and try not to kill anyone.

༺♥༻

After showering Vienna dried herself off, combed her hair and got dressed into pyjama shorts and put on Draco's shirt which still smelled like him. It felt wrong putting on someone's shirt who hated her but she chose not to think about it. She loved him.

She didn't look at her reflection for long, she could already see the effect grief had on her appearance. All she saw when she looked into the mirror was a cold-blooded killer who was beginning to look like a decaying skeleton.

She unlocked the bathroom door and walked back into her room. But then froze in her steps, almost dropping her towel to the floor when she saw Natalie sitting on the edge of her bed. Fiddling with her fingers and looking at Vienna with her soft features.

Vienna wasn't sure what to do. All the hatred she had for her friend was gone. When looking at Natalie she felt nothing. It was like the hatred died when Draco did.

Natalie stood and Vienna watched wearily as she hastily walked to Vienna and wrapped her hands around her. It took Vienna a moment to realise but when she did, she returned the hug. Tightly holding Natalie as her head rests on her shoulder.

She didn't realize how desperately she needed that hug. How deep down in her heart she felt an incredible amount of pain and loss where Draco's love once was. Vienna couldn't control the tears that streamed down her eyes and onto Natalie's shoulder.

Natalie's hand found the back of Vienna's head and confronted her.

"I'm so sorry, Vienna," Natalie said, her words soft, kind and genuine. All the things she had always been and yet, Vienna still pushed her away for reasons she couldn't even remember.

"He's gone," Vienna cried, "He's gone. He's dead and he hates me," her words were muffled with sobs, "and I can never make it right," she realised.

"I'm here," Natalie assured her, "It will be okay. You'll be okay."

"I need him," Vienna let her thoughts run free out of her mouth.

"I know," Natalie said softly, pain in her words and Vienna could tell that even though she thought Draco was a murderer and tried to kill Vienna, which he is and he did, she didn't know the whole story.

"—You'll be okay."

___________________________________

Instagram - 90swh0r3_

Copyright © 90swh0r3