ѕєνєηту-тωσ

•·················•·················•
ʟɪꜱᴛᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ꜱᴘᴏᴛɪꜰʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ
ʙʏ ᴋɪʀꜱxᴛʏ. ʟɪɴᴋ ɪꜱ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ.
•·················•·················•

The darkness had become comforting. Some people tend to be scared of the dark, but why? The darkness conceals everything you should fear. And right now darkness surrounds Draco like a blanket, and he is not scared because to be afraid, you have to see what's coming.

And these woods were so dark, all Draco could see was the blurry view of the dark forest. Vienna slept in his arms and he didn't dare fall asleep too. Draco knew he needed sleep, his mind was practically begging for it. But he refused to leave Vienna unprotected.

So he ignored the exhaustion as though it was nothing.

Seconds turned into minutes and minutes turned into hours. At least that is what it felt like. Draco didn't know how much time had passed sitting in the gloom of the twilight forest. 

But he did know morning was nearing when the golden sun began peeking through the trees and the darkness faded. It was quite beautiful. All Draco could see was what looked like miles of tall slender trees and at the very end was the sun.

But behind him was the dark forest shadowed. Two completely different views and he didn't know which he preferred.

Vienna's long black curls fell against his blood-stained shirt. He picked at a strand and began fiddling with it between his fingers. Keeping her presence close to him. Making sure she was still there against him.

But he turned, fast in an instant swift movement, when he heard a branch snap behind him, followed by a rustling of leaves. He turned and saw flashlights approaching the fallen tree in the distance of the darkness.

Shit — Draco cursed to himself.

"Vienna," he nudged her awake. Eager as he was, he was still gentle with her.

"Vienna, wake up, we have to go—"

Her body awoke as her head looked up to his, questioning twinkling in her eyes, "what? What is it?" she asked hazed.

"They've found us," Draco looked behind him and she followed his eye direction.

At least a dozen police officers walked toward them with flashlights in their hands. And at least four of them with large canines on leads.

"Fuck—Fuck—Fuck—Fuck," she muttered as she peeked over the fallen tree, "what are we going to do?"

Draco turned, locking his tired and dark eyes to hers, "we need to run."

It was their only option, in about thirty seconds the police would reach the fallen tree. Draco thought quick, his mind playing out every possible outcome in a matter of seconds. He was smart and he already had a plan.

Someone has to take the blame—He already knew that.

His conversation with investigator Owen's flashed in his mind. The promise he made him swear to. The deal they made.

Draco held out his hand in front of him, "Hold my hand," he told Vienna and she took his hand in her sweaty palm, "I need you to run as fast as you can and don't stop until I say so."

She nodded despite her tired legs and beating heart. Draco lowered his chin and then stood to his feet. That was when time slowed, hindering the world as it began turning so slowly but at the same time; everything happened so fast.

Vienna stood, following Draco's lead, the rising sun shadowed on her face and glistened against her skin. Birds chirped beautifully but all she could hear was the police yelling and those large dogs barking after them as they realised they found who they'd been hunting.

Vienna dared a look back and in the dark forest behind them, the police began running after them. Her hair swayed against the air as she turned back and ran toward the growing sun in front of them.

Vienna inhaled deeply, feeling her lungs struggling but she continued running at a fast speed beside Draco. Her feet slid and bounced off the orange leaves as they ran faster and further through the forest of tall skeleton-like trees.

The growling dogs only made their feet move faster. The wind corsed against their ears making the police yells muffled. Neither of them was going to stop running and Draco was definitely not going to let Vienna be caught.

He swerved through the trees, making it harder for the police to follow their path. He made sure to change direction. Going left, then right, straight again. And slowly, the police and those canines became more and more distant.

But Draco didn't stop running until the only thing he could hear was the birds chirping once more and hear the wind howling softly.

They leaned against a tree as they allowed their legs to finally stop moving. They felt hot even as the cold air caressed their skin. Their breaths came back slowly and breathing felt easy again.  But they needed water. They desperately needed water.

"I can't keep running," Vienna lowered her head as her throat begged for hydration.

"I know, I know," Draco stepped closer to her and bought her into a hug. Wrapping his body against her, "but we need to keep moving."

Vienna nodded against his shoulders knowingly.

And then their journey continued. A journey with no destination. A journey, that killers didn't deserve.

___________________________________

Instagram - 90swh0r3_

Copyright © 90swh0r3