ѕєνєηту-ѕєνєη

•·················•·················•
ʟɪꜱᴛᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ꜱᴘᴏᴛɪꜰʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ
ʙʏ ᴋɪʀꜱxᴛʏ. ʟɪɴᴋ ɪꜱ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ.
•·················•·················•

The morning quickly turned into afternoon and Draco knew he was running out of time with Vienna. He knew that any second, police would come through the trees and it would begin. He knew Owens would be among them and he would—

Draco couldn't think of that. Not yet.

"Hey, Draco?" Vienna perked her head up from his chest.

"Hmm," Draco said, a hand on her arm. The gun in his waist band was cold against his skin.

"I could really do with a cigarette right now," she said so casually, Draco chuckled through his chest.

"You'll get one soon," Draco told her, "I promise."

Vienna smiled the best she could, through her hunger, coldness and thirst. And they returned back to the silence and watched the crackling fire.

༺♥༻

A crack echoed around them—a small but echoing crack which sounded like it came from all around. Vienna sat up from Draco's chest. Eyes glazed and wide and she looked around.

"What was that?" she asked, trembling almost.

Draco hadn't heard it. He was too busy in his thoughts. But a sudden chill entered his body as be realised—their time is up.

Another crack sounded from behind them. Vienna spun her head at the sound and Draco turned his head, eyes narrowed as he studied the trees—waiting—waiting for the storm to hit.

"We should go," Draco stood, helping Vienna to her feet and she didn't realise when he purposely didn't put out the fire.

She scurried beside him, gripping his hand so tightly. He was her form of comfort. As long as she was beside him, she knew everything would be all right.

Leaves shuffled beneath their feet as they walked with a step of a run. Quickly and quietly they run through the trees, the luring clouds above kept the sun hidden, but it still peeked down at them. Draco turned and he saw three police officers walking with guns and their eyes searching through the trees.

"Shit," Vienna hissed, noticing what Draco was looking at.

"Just keep going," Draco assured her but looked to the ground and made sure to step on a twig.

A crack echoed and immediately the police were yelling and began nearing them.

"Go," Draco yelled.

Vienna gripped his hand so tightly that he began questioning if he had the balls to do this. He had to. For her. But he didn't want to leave her. He couldn't leave her alone.

But he has to. He has no choice.

Draco ran a step faster than Vienna to make it appear he was Dragging her along with him. The police became closer and time felt like nothing anymore. Draco's heart pounded against his chest and he felt this indescribable rage because he had to do this.