ƒσяту

•·················•·················•
ʟɪꜱᴛᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ꜱᴘᴏᴛɪꜰʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ
ʙʏ ᴋɪʀꜱxᴛʏ. ʟɪɴᴋ ɪꜱ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ.
•·················•·················•

N E W   Y E A R S  - before the party.
P A R T   O N E
____

Two days passed and it's now New Year's Eve and the day of Blaise's party. However, Vienna isn't sure she is going. She is still very annoyed at Draco—for almost getting himself killed and pissing off her father. Maybe it's petty of her, he did do it for Vienna's sake, he did it because he cared about her, to protect her. But Vienna wouldn't have needed protecting if Draco just kept his mouth shut.

Vienna is doing this to show Draco that what she says or asks—she means. And if Draco goes against it, then Vienna isn't playing around when she says she'll leave him. All Vienna asked was for Draco not to do anything stupid and that's exactly what he did. He should have ignored Lirian. He wouldn't have gotten hurt if he did.

Vienna's dad didn't wake up until late afternoon yesterday. Vienna had spent the hours before pacing in the dining room. She didn't leave. Not once. She was too scared of what Lirian would do when he woke up. There was even a point where Vienna didn't think he would wake up. Vienna was almost relieved at the thought.

Although, for a split second, the thought made her upset. He is still her father, her blood, her family. Even though he has no love for Vienna, has no respect or kindness toward her, and has beat both Vienna and her mother. For a split second, she felt guilt. If he didn't wake up, his death would have been on her hands, and Vienna had killed before and felt little to no guilt. But her father—now she wasn't sure she could kill him. Ever.

She hadn't slept and wouldn't allow herself to until Lirian woke up. God knows what he would do to her in her sleep. So she stayed awake, ignoring her body aching for her to close her eyes.

And when she heard the glass crunch across the room from where she sat, leaning against the wall, head in her hands, she shot to her feet. She walked around the table to where the glass crunched. Vienna saw her father slowly and struggling to get up. He had blood dripping down the back of his head, down his neck. And a cut on his head, where Draco head-butted him.

The memory re-playing in her mind.

Vienna held a knife in her hand behind her back, gripping it tightly and she was ready to use it if needed and she stayed a good, safe distance away from the man. Lirian struggled to his feet, handheld on his head like he had a painful headache. His eyes scanned the room, taking in the messed up table, smashed vases and blood staining the table and floor beneath his feet.

He took in every detail like he was trying to remember what had happened but even Lirian didn't seem to see his petrified daughter standing a few feet away.

Until he did and his eyes widened.

Vienna waited for what he was going to say, ask or do. Her tired eyes were a little blurry and her legs were begging her to sit down.

She waited and waited. It felt like forever before he spoke the words, "What happened?" his voice a deep growl.

Did he not remember? Should Vienna lie? Is this a test?

"Do you. . .not remember?" Vienna asked cautiously, playing it safe.

His dark eyes scanned the room once more, "I remember — I remember. . . Draco. . . He and I. We fought." Lirian stopped himself and the familiar rage replaced his confused features, "that little git. He head-butted me and so I beat him." his eyes looked to the table where he had Draco pinned down, as he strangled him—almost to death. Vienna trembled at the thought.