ηιηєту-єιgнт

•·················•·················•
Chapter song - Light by Sleeping At Last
ʟɪꜱᴛᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ꜱᴘᴏᴛɪꜰʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ ʟɪɴᴋ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ.
•·················•·················•

Draco stared through the little window on the the door of a hospital room. One in which Vienna laid in, with wires and bandages and God knows what else attached to her limp, injured body. She slept but not peacefully. She was in pain and Draco could see it, even as she slept.

It was about three in the morning and the hospital was nothing but an echo of beeping and deafening silence. All there was for Draco to do was stare through the window and watch her.

The black hood of his hoodie was over his head and wouldn't come down. He knew there most likely wouldn't be anyone in this hospital who would recognise him but he couldn't take the risk. He died for Vienna and he will stay dead for her.

He wanted her to wake so he could explain everything to her—So he could apologise—And because if she didn't open her eyes soon then he was going to go insane. He was already so, so angry and if she didn't wake— Then the world would be in flames by dawn.

Luckily, the hospital hallway was completely abandoned and there wasn't a person in sight. And if there was, they would walk the other way the second they saw him — he looked murderous. Lethal. He had that look in his eyes that radiated evil and he looked terrifying.

To think of the world without her—he stopped himself—He didn't dare think any further because the thought alone made him want to destroy everything in sight.

Draco couldn't remember much of the last couple of hours. All he remembered was that the moment Vienna closed her eyes and collapsed in his arms, he screamed and yelled and everything inside his body became a threatening mess. But no matter how deadly he had become, he held her so, so gently as though she was a feather.

The ambulance arrived immediately and Owens rushed up to him and urged him to leave, practically forcing him out. Owens took her limp body in his own arms and carefully laid her on the floor. Draco didn't want to, but he knew he had to leave. No one could know he was alive, not even strangers.

So he had to watch from the dark shadows as random people helped her and not him. He watched as they put her in a carrier, and dragged her out and into the ambulance that he couldn't even ride in.

Owens looked over into the shadows where he hid and gave a look that said, meet you there. Draco wasted no time as he ran back to the front of the school, got into his car and drove at dangerous speed to the hospital, and he was glad he had a Ferrari so he could drive so fast.

When he arrived he saw Owens sat in the lobby and for a moment, the world went quiet. His heart stopped beating and he froze in his step, his hair damp from the night rain he just ran through and raindrops dripped down his face. The way Owens stood to his feet and looked at him—

Draco thought she was dead. For a moment, he thought Owens was going to tell him she was dead.

"Tell me she is alright," Draco had mumbled, but it sounded like a demand. His heartbeat began beating hard and fast in his chest.

"She is the best she can be," Owens assured him, "they know me here and I made sure the best doctors saw to her. She's lost a lot of blood and not to mention she has been extremely malnourished."