1. The Police Officer

Happy MahaSaptomi to you all.❤

Author's pov 

"Sir….Sir....jete din...please (Sir...Sir...let me go...please)" A man was whimpering in pain.

"Keno ? Ekhon keno? Jokhon tui raste oi meye ta ke birokto korchilis...nongramo korchilis tokhon mone chilo nah?(Why? Why now? When you were disturbing that girl..trying to assault her on the road...you didn't remember then right? )" A man yelled at him.

As he lifted the belt in his hand to beat him again,a man ran towards him ,"Sir ,Mr. Sharma came to meet you." 

The man threw the belt away and came out .

"Lock the cell and without my permission, nobody is allowed to meet him." He said and left. 
.
.
.
He went to his cabin to see Mr. Sharma sitting there.

"Hello " He greeted the man who stood up and folded his hands in front of him.

"Sir...so many thanks to you for punishing the man who almost destroyed my reputation. " Mr Sharma said.

"Aare no no...I didn't do anything...the evidence was  screaming against him and proved that he was wrong here...that's why we could arrest him. Court also proved him guilty so now we are following the law only. Now you can relax. We will take care from here." The man assured him.

Mr. Sharma thanked him and left. 

The man got up and went inside the washroom. He washed his face, opening the water-tap. Running his hand over his face ,he looked at his reflection. 

He is Saptarshi Chowdhury (26 years old) ,the SP of Kolkata police (South division) ..an IPS officer. After completing his B.com,he concentrated on being a Police officer which he always wanted to be and now he is one of the honourable police officers in Kolkata and honest as well which is tough to be when the system is almost corrupted ,but still he has protected his honesty and is maintaining it as well.

He wiped his face and went back to his cabin.

"Roy ,please give me the file no 34 which I wanted to check. " said Saptarshi as soon as he sat down on his chair .

Roy nodded and gave it to him. 

"Okay...I am taking this file with me to home. I need to have a clear image of the situation before solving the incomplete case." Saptarshi said.

"Okay Sir. " Roy said.

Saptarshi took his gun,wallet and car keys and left from there towards his home as it was already 9:30 pm.
.
.
.

Saptarshi's house is in Lake Gardens. He reached within half an hour his home….thanks to the less traffic which helped him..otherwise it takes almost 45 minutes or an hour to reach.

Stopping in front of a three storey house, he parked his car and entered inside.

"Hello family." Saptarshi yelled at his mother and sister who were watching TV in the living room. His father Mr. Siddhartha Chowdhury (54 years old), mother Mrs Piyali Chowdhury (50 years old), Sister Sanchita Chowdhury (20 years old) and pisi (paternal sister) Ms Sanonda Chowdhury(55 years old) --- these people are his family. They stay together.

"Tui ese gechis. Dara tui bosh ami jol di toke. (You came, wait you sit ,I am giving you water.)" Piyali said happily.

Saptarshi smiled and sat beside his sister. He drank the water which his mother gave him.

"Tui porte jas ni aj ke?(Didn't you go for tution class?)" Saptarshi asked his sister who was busy watching a TV serial.

"Nah re Dada..Aj toh Saturday..tai off."(No brother, today is Saturday, so today is offday.) Sanchita said and once again concentrated on TV. Saptarshi nodded.