32. Aftermath

Author's Pov 

The clock showed the time…..It was 4:30 am.

Kanika was walking to and fro in the living room. She was time to time checking the entrance ,waiting for Saptarshi to bring Aratrika.

She is also taking care of the fact that nobody from her family catches her in the living room so she is checking the stairs as well. She knows if she gets caught , Aratrika's absence will come to light. She doesn't want more tension in her house.

After some time her phone beeped. She opened to see a message from Saptarshi , "We are here." 

Kanika immediately sprinted towards the main door and opened it.
There stood Saptarshi with Aratrika beside her ,holding her hands. Kanika took a sigh in relief as she noticed Aratrika.

But her relaxed face immediately turned into a tense one as she noticed Saptarshi's hard face which screamed anger.

Kanika opened her mouth to say something but Saptarshi took Aratrika straight to her room, ignoring her completely. Taking a sigh, Kanika followed them after locking the main door.

After reaching Aratrika's room, Saptarshi helped her to sit on her bed. 

"Here," he made her drink some water.
Then making her lay down on the bed, he said ,"Now sleep. Remember what I said,  you are the strongest girl so never give up." 

Aratrika nodded her head sleepily and closed her eyes. 

Saptarshi caressed her head for some time . Within a minute Aratrika slipped into deep slumber. Saptarshi stood up and turned around to see Kanika standing near the doorstep.

He indicated to her to follow him out of the room and they both reached near the main door.

They went out of the house silently and Kanika closed the door behind them.

"Saptarshi, thank you so much for bringing Di back. " He looked at Kanika and once again he felt the anger rushing through his veins as he remembered the torture Aratrika had to face. 

"Why are you thanking me for bringing her back? So that yoy and your family can torture her more !!! Are you guys even human?" Saptarshi whisper yelled at her.

Seeing Saptarshi's anger Kanika gulped. She had heard about Saptarshi's anger from Akash but never experienced it before.

But today on the phone she sensed his anger. 
And now she is facing the Angry Saptarshi .
She understands now why everyone fears him. His angry and cold eyes are enough to freeze a man to death.

Saptarshi tried to control his anger but whenever he remembered Aratrika's crying face ,he couldn't help but feel furious. 

Kanika opened her mouth to say something but immediately stopped by Saptarshi. 

"Shut up...just don't say anything. 
When your family was blaming her, cursing her for without any reason ,why didn't you take a stand for her? 
Oh why will you? You are also one of them. " Saptarshi said to her angrily. Kanika understood that Saptarshi had come to know everything. 

" Do  you know she has tried to finish herself ?" Saptarshi whisper yelled at her. Kanika gasped in shock.

"But why does it matter to you all? Because according to you , she is a burden ...Isn't it?" Saptarshi spatted angrily. Kanika looked down, unable to meet the accusing eyes of Saptarshi. 

"She is sleeping . You make sure that nobody starts the bullshit  in the morning in front of her once again. She is mentally depressed so Don't trigger that anymore. 
You can do at least that...or would it be too much for you?" Sarcasm was evident in his last line.

Kanika nodded without saying anything as she knew that Saptarshi was right . 

Saying this Saptarshi left from there.
.
.
.
Next morning,  Aratrika woke up at around 9 am. 

Kanika came to wake her up reluctantly as Binita told her to do so. Kanika didn't want to wake her up as she knew what happened with her last night and also seeing her sleeping like a baby, she told Sudeshna to not let anyone wake her up .
Sudeshna told everyone to let her take a rest . And Aratrika was given relief from any kind of taunt. 

As soon as she woke up,  the incidents of the previous day came to her mind and her eyes filled with tears. Suddenly Saptarshi's words echoed her ears which gave her strength and she wiped her tears away.

But how did Saptarshi reach there? Who told him about me being missing?

"It can be Kanika as her fiance is Saptarshi's friend." She thought.

Suddenly she felt embarrassed as she remembered how Saptarshi saw her crying like a kid and she hugged him. But what surprised her was she didn't feel embarrassed that he had seen her vulnerability. Somewhere it felt right. After sharing everything with Saptarshi she felt very light. 

But why is it? 

Before she could think more about it , her phone vibrated . She took it to see Saptarshi calling her. 

She panicked and looked at the door. Seeing it unlocked, she stood up from her bed and went to lock it.

She was about to pick the call up but all of a sudden the previous embarrassment crawled up within her.

The phone went unanswered. 

Once again it started to ring .

"What's this, Aratrika? Pick the phone up. Don't forget that it was because of him, you are standing here alive...you are feeling strong...mentally." her inner self chided her.

Without wasting any time, she picked the call up.

"Hello," She answered.

"Aratrika  ,how are you? I mean...is everything okay?" She heard Saptarshi's voice. Concern was clear in it.

"Yes, I am okay. Don't worry. " She said. 

Then both of them went silent for a minute. 

"Umm...I am sorry. Because of me you were disturbed...umm.." Aratrika said nervously, breaking the silence. 

"No no , it's not a problem . But the problem is you taking such a hasty decision. I know you were beyond hurt yesterday ..but still it was not the right thing to do." Saptarshi said. 

"I know." Aratrika whispered . She understood what he wanted her to .

"It's okay. The best thing is nothing happened. If something happened to you, I don't know what would have happened to me."  The last statement of Saptarshi startled Aratrika.
Saptarshi cursed himself for not controlling his emotions. 

" Umm..you take a rest. I will talk to you later.  Bye." Saying this he cut the call, leaving Aratrika in a pool of thoughts. 

Here you go....

Share your opinions on the chapter.

Next update on Monday .

Thank you for reading.

Please Do Vote, Comment and Share.