49. Drama

Author's pov

"Aratrika,"

A strong male voice stopped their activities.

Hearing the very familiar voice, Aratrika looked up with a jerk and turned around.
Her breath hitched as she saw the person in front of her.

There Saptarshi was standing in front of them with a determined expression.

Everyone was shocked and curious seeing him there.

Him being present there without any notice and calling out Aratrika's name shocked everyone for sure. It was not an official matter they could understand as he was in his casuals not in his uniforms.

Aratrika went towards him and held his hand.

"What are you doing here?" She asked in whisper.  She felt an immense relief ,seeing him in front of him.

"I can't see you going away from me like this…with my everything I will fight till I have you in my life..no matter what it takes." Saptarshi whispered back as he held hid soft hands in his rough ones . The grip was firm but at the same time was comforting as well.

Aratrika's heart swelled in emotions seeing the raw emotions and love for her in his eyes. His words and desperation for her brought tears in her eyes.

Saptarshi could see the deep admiration in her eyes. The helplessness was also present there which made him angry with her family. He had a doubt that her family was emotionally blackmailing her for this marriage.

They both were so into each other that they forgot about their surroundings. But unknown to them ,everyone was watching them in surprise. Smita was feeling uncomfortable seeing them looking in to each other's eyes in a way as if only they exist here.

"What is happening here?" Biplob's voice broke their trance.

As Aratrika realised that her family was also present there. She got afraid and embarrassed.
Her cheeks turned red.
She was surprised of herself that after seeing Saptarshi, she couldn't remember anything but him. That's why she felt relief in the place of panick.

"Saptarshi, what are you doing here?" Sudeshna asked him with a smile.

"Don't tell me, Aratrika has done some crime ." Promita said sarcastically .

"Who is he?" Santanu asked Biplob.

"He is Akash's friend." Suporno replied ,looking at his sister suspiciously who was looking down with a red face. He looked at Saptarshi to see him looking at them confidently.

"Am I missing something!!?" He asked himself.

Seeing their curious faces, Saptarshi decided to tell everything to them. It's now or never.

"I am sorry for coming here unannounced. But I am here today to tell you something. " Saptarshi said.

"What is it?" Suporno asked in a stern tone, folding his arms over his chest. He somewhere understood where it was going. Not only him ,Smita was suspicious by now and mentally prayed that it was not what she was thinking it to be.

Others were clueless. Akash and Kanika looked at each other .

Saptarshi was about to open his mouth when Aratrika held his hand in order to stop him.

Saptarshi looked at her and said ,"No..not today. They need to know." Saying this ,he held her hands in his.

The gesture was enough to give a silent message of what was coming next.

" Actually..I am in love with Aratrika and want to marry her."

The confession of Saptarshi brought silence in the room. They were shocked. Never in their dreams they thought that something like this would happen.