78. Together

Happy Janmashtami to you all.

Author's pov

After three months

" Uffff!!! Don't put so much lipstick on me. I am not as young as you." Sanonda said in irritation.

"Ohho, Pimoni, lipstick has nothing to do with age. Moreover, you are forever young, so take a chill pill." Sanchita said and applied lipstick on her Pimoni's lips.

Today is Sanonda and Aniruddha's wedding.

Yes, finally they are getting married. But the journey was not easy at all.

Aniruddha and Sanonda both were afraid to share their feelings for each other for their own reasons. But one day Aniruddha decided to tell her whatever he felt for her ,keeping his fear aside. So after they were done with their classes,  Sanonda suggested him to go out for lunch. That's when Aniruddha decided to let out everything in front of her.
So after their lunch when they were heading back to home, on the way Aniruddha told everything to her.

"Sanonda ,I know that this might sound crazy to you but I love you….and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

But the reaction he got from her wasn't what he was expecting from her. He was sure that she would slap her for the proposal.  But she didn't reply to anything and didn't react as well. After that proposal she remained silent till she reached home and after reaching home, she didn't call him as well like she usually did and this didn't help the anxiety which he was feeling.

Next day when they met in college, he was ready to apologise to her but she surprised him with her words, "I love you as well… I also want to spend the rest of my life with you..but I don't think marrying at this age will be an appreciable thing to do."

Though Aniruddha was happy that Sanonda also felt the same for him as he felt for her, he was upset when she shared her opinion on the marriage thing.
But he didn't pressurise her as for him it was her comfort which mattered the most.

After a month of dating, one day Sanonda invited Aniruddha to her house.

As Aniruddha used to go to her house as he made a great bond with Siddhartha and Saptarshi and also with others, the invitation didn't come as a surprise to him.

But he was shocked when Sanonda agreed to marry him and the invitation was for that only.

Sanonda said no before as she didn't know how her family would react to this. But one day Siddhartha decided to talk to her about Aniruddha and she opened up to him.
He told her to go ahead with Aniruddha's proposal ,in fact Piyali and others also supported Siddhartha's decision which came as a shock to her.

But as Sanonda expected their decision of getting married wasn't accepted wholeheartedly by their relatives and neighbours and colleagues also started to taunt her for this because society only blames women in these kinds of situations.

At a point of time ,Sanonda got so frustrated that she backed off from her decision. But again everyone and mainly Aniruddha assured her that she won't regret her decision  and it's not society's right to decide what she should do and what she should not.

Finally she agreed and this time she didn't give a damn to the people who taunted her because of their jealousy.

"Aru, Go and get ready. I will make her wear the Jewellery. " Piyali said ,coming inside the room with the boxes of the Jewellery. Aratrika nodded with a smile and went to get ready.

"You are looking so pretty. " Piyali said, kissing Sanonda's forehead. She smiled.

 She smiled