21. Shocked

Saptarshi's Pov 

"Good Morning,." I greeted Baba when I saw him sitting on the sofa as I entered the living room after taking a shower after my workout session.

" Morning Morning. " He greeted me with a smile.

"Aaj taratari uthle? (Why did you wake up so early?)" I asked him. 

It is just 7:30 am. Usually on Sunday everyone sleeps till 8 am except me. I woke up at 6 am as always.

"Kichu nah emni. Ghum venge gechilo Tai. ( Nothing..just. My sleep broke that's why.)" Baba said and gestured to me to sit beside him. I did as he said.

Then we had a good conversation about our individual works and other things related to it. 

We were in the middle of our conversation when Maa and Pimoni joined us. 

Then I along with my father went to the market to buy vegetables, fish and other necessary things for a week which we do every Sunday. 
.
.
.
"Oh tora ese gechis.. ne ne taratari fresh hoe ne… Breakfast ready hoe geche. ( Oh, you guys have come.  Now Go and freshen up fast. Breakfast is ready.)" Pimoni said as soon as she spotted us entering the house.

Baba went to take a bath. After keeping the bags in the kitchen ,I went to my room as well to take a shower.

At around 10 am  we sat down to have breakfast together. 

We were having breakfast while talking with each other, when an extremely irritating voice reached my ears.

"Aunty, kemon acho? (Aunty, how are you?)"

No brownie Points for guessing, it was Sreetoma. 

"Oh, Sreetoma , Tanusree ..ay ay. (Oh ,Sreetoma and Tamusree, come come." My Maa excitedly greeted them. 

They came to the dining table and sat down with us as Maa told them. 
In fact she filled their plates with food despite their denial.

"It's okay Aunty,we had our breakfast." Sreetoma said. 

"No...you have to eat." Maa said to her, smiling.

"Okay. Only because of you I am eating." Sreetoma said with a pout. 

Seeing Sreetoma's  over obedient attitude towards my mother, I rolled my eyes. 

Every alternate day this irritating girl comes to our house. I know the reason very well.
 From the time she has heard that Maa is going to search for a bride for me, Sreetoma has started her mission to impress Maa. She is behaving the way Maa likes , she is talking the way my Maa appreciates and everything she is doing just to be in Maa's favourites list. She is just pretending to be someone which she isn't . And this disgusts me to the core.

Honestly at first when I met her, I was okay with her as I saw her as my sister's best friend's sister only. But from the time I realised that she was hitting on me, I started to dislike her. But today ,seeing her pretending to be someone which clearly she isn't and faking her personality, somehow my disgust towards her has born within me.

But as usual I can't say anything due to my Maa and my sister who to my bad luck had become her fan.

Maa patted her head, making her blush . I made a face seeing her drama.

Sanchita was talking with Tanusree whereas Maa and Sreetoma were busy in their god-knows-what talks. Only Baba and Pimoni and me were silently having breakfast. 

I gobbled down the food as soon as possible as I wanted to escape the piercing eyes of Sreetoma which was making me uncomfortable. 

" I am done. I am going to my room." I said as I got up.