45. Pain

Author's Pov

Aratrika was talking to Sanchita who was excitedly telling her about her studies and her hobbies. Aratrika was smiling all the time and replying from time to time.

"Aru Di," Anu came to them which made Sanchita stop from blabbering. She smiled at Anu who smiled back at her.

"Anu, kemon achis tui?(Anu, how are you?)" Aratrika asked her.

"Bhalo achi go. Achcha shono nah tomar Sathe ektu kotha ache. Tomar ektu help Chai..Korbe go? ( I am fine. Okay listen, I have something to tell you. I need a help…will you help?)" Anu asked her, showing her puppy eyes.

"Of course, I will." Aratrika said with a chuckle.

" Come with me…I need to correct my saree. Others are busy so I can't take help from them. Sanchita also doesn't know anything about Saree." Anu Said and Sanchita nodded as she was absolutely right.

"So it's only you who can help me. Come with me." Anu Said and held Aratrika's hand.

Excusing themselves from Sanchita ,they walked towards the way where there is a room .

They entered the room and Anu made Aratrika sit on the bed – one side of  which was filled with the gifts Kanika had received from the guests and her maternal family.

"You sit here…I am coming back with the safety pins." Anu said and ran away before Aratrika could ask him anything.

Aratrika shrugged her shoulders and looked at her right side where gifts were kept.  A tray of makeup kits caught her attention and she took it in her hand.

"Do you like wearing makeup?"

Hearing the very familiar male voice from behind ,she jumped on her place, startled as she was not expecting him here. The tray fell from her hand.

Taking a deep breath ,she said without turning back ,"Admiring something doesn't mean that I want it ."

Saptarshi smiled as he understood the hidden meaning behind her words and said , " Here, in this case, you don't need to wear any makeup. Your simple look can have a thousand hearts near your feet."

Aratrika turned around to look at him, who stood there with a clenched fist. The teasing tone in his voice vanished as he remembered how every male out there was eyeing her tonight. Aratrika didn't like the way Saptarshi commented something like this when it was he who was in the same situation.

"Oh really? You are saying this when you were  enjoying the attention from the ladies out there. In fact you were talking and laughing with someone as well.." Aratrika blurted out in jealousy.

Hearing her, an astonished Saptarshi looked at her with his mouth wide open. This was the first time he was seeing a jealous Aratrika.

As  he realised  that Aratrika was jealous, inside his heart danced in his chest and outside his lips curved into a smirk.

As soon as Aratrika registered her own words and realised what she did, she bit her tongue and facepalmed herself. She immediately turned around to hide her face from Saptarshi ,cursing herself under her breath.

Saptarshi chuckled as he saw how red Aratrika turned due to shyness and embarrassment. He slowly walked towards her . He bit his lips to stop laughing when he heard her cursing herself.

"You don't need to embarass ,you know. You are opening up to me and that's a great thing. It will help us in the future. " Saptarshi said to her, eyeing her backside with a smile.

The hope which almost died when she ignored him two days ago started to get alive due to her outburst today.

Hearing Saptarshi's words, Aratrika realised what she was doing. Her face turned gloomy and pale.