72. Reception Party

Author's pov

After two weeks

These two weeks have been very hectic for Chowdhury family. Though it was hectic ,they were happy as a big family function was on the way. After all, it was the reception party of the elder child of Siddhartha and Piyali.

The invitations were sent to the relatives via WhatsApp and also Siddhartha had called each one of them again to invite them. The relatives were definitely shocked hearing about the sudden marriage of Saptarshi and some of them also tried to know more about the reason by asking more questions…but Siddhartha carefully handled everything.

The venue is a Banquet which is just twenty minutes away from Chowdhury house.

The shopping of the dresses for the function was done by Lolita, Sanonda and Kanika. Sanchita took care of the Jewellery along with her mother.

So finally today is the D-day.

Their house is full with relatives. Last night almost everyone came.

Right now Aratrika was getting ready with the help of Kanika and Sanchita. As Piyali wanted, at noon there will be a Bhaat Kapor ritual.

Aratrika was looking gorgeous in a reddish orange silk saree with green border and golden thread works on it. Subtle makeup which was done on her glowing face was only enhancing her beauty.

"Taratari kor re, somoy toh hoye gelo

"Taratari kor re, somoy toh hoye gelo. (Be quick…time is near.)" Sanonda shouted from downstairs.

"We are coming….just a minute. " Sanchita shouted back.

Kanika helped Aratrika to wear the Jewellery.

"Now we are ready to go." Kanika said.

Then Sanchita and Kanika helped her to go downstairs.

Saptarshi was impatiently waiting to see his wife.
As Priyansh and Akash caught him like this, they teased the hell out of only to get punches from him.

"Finally, your wait is over." Roma (Lolita's daughter) said ,making everyone laugh around them .Saptarshi rubbed his nape with a smile.

He looked up towards the stairs only to get mesmerised by his wife who was looking extremely beautiful. His eyes followed her every movement which made her nervous as she felt his intense gaze on her.