68. Goodbye?

Author's pov

Aratrika entered the terrace and walked towards her clothes.

She looked around and all of a sudden her eyes fell on the figure which made her shocked to the core.

There Sanchita was standing holding the railing but what shocked Aratrika was the way she was bending over it. If by any chance she became disbalanced, she would fall down.

So in order to not to startle her, Aratrika walked towards her silently and held both of her hands which made Sanchita startled and she jumped on her place.

"Why are you standing here like this? You know how dangerous it is!!! You could have fallen down. Why are you so careless?" Aratrika scolded her as she helped her to climb down carefully.

Sanchita said with a fearful expression on her face,"Oh my God!! It's you…I thought that Maa caught me."

Aratrika shook her head and sighed in defeat.

"What were you doing here?" She asked Sanchita.

Sanchita opened her mouth to tell her that she was spying on Seema's 14 years old son whom she caught smoking many times before. But she didn't say anything because she knew that she would get scolded again.

"Umm…umm..nothing..nothing…I was just trying to see our road clearly you know." Sanchita said and made a face as she understood how studio she and her lie sounded .

Aratrika knew that she was lying but didn't pressurise her as she understood that Sanchita didn't want to tell her.

"Okay do whatever you want to do…but don't pull this type of stunt anymore. " Aratrika said to her with a smile. Sanchita nodded. Patting her cheek, Aratrika left from there.
.
.
.
Piyali was lying on the bed by covering her eyes with her forearm. The lamp on the bedside table was the only source of light in the room.

Suddenly the whole room lit up brightly . This made Piyali scrunch her nose and remove her forearm . As she looked towards the switchboard, she saw Lolita standing there. Piyali got up and sat straight.

Lolita walked towards the bed and sat beside her.

"When did you come back?" Piyali asked her.

"Just some time ago…you tell me, how long will things go like this?" Lolita asked sternly without beating around the bush.

Piyali looked down and started  fidgeting with her fingers.

"What happened to you, Piyu? Everything was going fine…you also started to accept Aratrika and the marriage…then why suddenly?  Just because of Seema's illogical taunts!!!" Lolita asked her.

"But she was right…like her, everyone will make fun of me. Moreover she is just using my son ." Piyali replied.

"Just shut up ,okay. Using your son !!! Really!!!..For what? Don't forget that it was Saptarshi's idea to marry her as soon as possible. She was unaware in fact she was ready to let go of him Just for her good for nothing family's happiness….just like she is going to do now….Leave her husband..your son just for you. " Lolita said to her with irritation. She was fed up with her tantrums now.

Yes,  Saptarshi told his family everything about her family and how her mother and her Jethu were still the same and his father had changed now.

Piyali remained silent.

" Aratrika is a great girl…you also know that.
Yes, when I came here for the first time, I heard things from you ,I also doubted her. But with time, I realised that she is a gem just like our Saptarshi. They both deserve each other.
Don't forget your son loves his wife more than anything…Aratrika knows it. If she wanted to snatch your son from you ,she would have taken advantage of that love and would have left with him to stay separately .