6. What is happening

Aratrika's pov 

I was sleeping in my room when suddenly someone knocked at my door ,breaking my slumber.

"Maharani,uthun ebar...apnar jonno ki ebar sobai ke nah kheye thakte hobe?(Queen,get up….Do we all need to stay hungry because of you?)" Hearing Ma's sarcastic voice ,I got up with a jerk.

 I looked at the clock and it was already 7 am..whereas I woke up at 6 am usually.. I am doomed today.

"Nah Ma...uthe gechi...aschi kichukkhoner modhyei.(No Mother...I am awake...coming within some time.)" I yelled.

Hearing the fading footsteps ,I understood that she went away.

I completed my morning chores and took a bath in a hurry. I went downstairs and went straight to the Puja ghar( home temple) and did the puja.

After that I entered the kitchen and made Luchi and Cholar dal for everyone as on Sunday morning my family wanted to have this kind of breakfast. 

"Ki re holo tor?(Are you done?)" Jethi ma asked me . I nodded. 

Then Ma and Jethi ma came and took the food away along with the tea. I went behind them.

Everyone sat down to have the breakfast as it was served to them. Dada still didn't come down for breakfast. 

"Dada,I called Akash's family yesterday and told them that we have accepted their proposal. In fact I invited them in the evening today. " Baba said to Jethu.

"Very good then...finally it's good news." Jethu said with a smile.

"Oi toh Dada...ki re eto deri keno? Ay bosh.(There brother is...why are you so late today? Come join us.)" Smita said,smiling.

"No..I will eat later with Aru..you guys carry on." He said ,sitting on an empty chair.

"Why do you give so much priority to this girl...in fact more than your father ,she matters to you?" Jethu asked . I looked down and prayed mentally that they wouldn't fight because of me.

"She is my sister that's why...and about priority and all,let me tell you that as you guys matter to me ,Aru also matters to me.. maybe more....Let's not talk about the reason...I don't want to fight now." Dada said nonchalantly. 

After that they finished their breakfast peacefully.

"Come ,let's eat now." Dada said and made me sit beside him.
I served us and we ate together. After that I washed the dishes.

After doing the laundry, I entered the kitchen to prepare the lunch. 

We have a maid who comes to do the dishes and clean the house. 

"Aratrika, guests are coming in the evening so you have to cook for them as well." Jethi ma said and informed me about the menu.

"Okay,I will prepare everything as you said." I said. Jethi ma patted my head and   I continued the work along with Jethi ma.
.
.
.
After lunch everyone went to take a rest and I started to make the food for the guests. Ma helped me by cutting the vegetables. 

"Okay I am going now...do the rest of the work ." Saying this ,she left me. I started to cook.

"I hope someday you will love me, Ma..again…" I said sadly. 

It upsets me to see how my family treats me except for my brother who loves me to death. But what hurts me the most is my mother's behaviour. Just one incident of my life in the past snatched my family away from me.

I shook my head and concentrated on my work.
.
.
.
After finishing my work ,I went back to my room to take a rest. As soon as I laid down on my bed, Smita entered my room.