63. Sweet Moments

This is a gift to my lovely readers who gave so much love to my book.

A surprise update for you all.

Author's pov

Next day when Aratrika woke up ,she was alone on the bed.

She sat up with a frown because last night she slept with Saptarshi and she clearly remembered that.

All of a sudden she felt upset but she got confused when her eyes went on the table.
She got down from the bed and walked towards the table to see a pink colour note there.

She picked it up to read it :

"Good morning dear wife, An urgent case came up so I had to leave early today.
I didn't wake you up as you were sleeping soundly due to tiredness.
I know that I could have messaged you on your phone as well but it wouldn't be able to bring the smile on your lips which is now there while reading it.

I will be back soon. Till then, take care."

Aratrika smiled brightly, hugging the note close to her chest .

Suddenly her smile wiped away as whatever happened in Mukherjee house came to her mind.

As her mother's words rang in her ears, she closed her teary eyes and took a deep breath to forget everything.

But that's not possible.

"No no.  I won't remember it anymore. That's enough….I won't let their words affect me like this. I will only care for the people who actually care for me . I will be strong."

She said to herself and wiped away her tears.

After controlling herself ,she walked towards the washroom .

.
.
.

"Eat slowly otherwise you will choke on the food." Piyali scolded her daughter.

Sanchita was eating in a hurry as she was already late for college. She woke up late so she joined them late for Breakfast.
Hearing her mother's voice, she slowed down a bit. Sanonda and Lolita smiled seeing her antics whereas Siddhartha shook his head.

Aratrika had finished her breakfast and left the table just some minutes ago.

After some time, Piyali cleared her throat to gain everyone's attention. Siddhartha looked at her in confusion as he saw her fidgeting with her fingers and shared a confused look with his elder sister Sanonda.
Lolita gave Piyali a look and again started to concentrate on her food.
Sanchita looked at her mother.

"Sanchita," Piyali called out to her daughter who wiggled her eyebrows asking her what happened.

" Umm…is everything okay with your sister in law?" Piyali asked.

"Who?" Sanchita asked in confusion.

Piyali glared at her daughter and said in an irritated tone, " Your brother's wife, your Aratrika boumoni."

Hearing it Sanchita almost choked on her food. It was unexpected that her mother was asking about Aratrika and that's why at first she didn't understand whom her mother was talking about because it was out of syllabus for her.
Other members on the table looked at her in confusion and in shock as well.

" Umm..why?" Sanchita asked in confusion.

"She looked way too calm yesterday after coming back from her house and today she also looked distracted and kind of sad. That's why I thought to ask her." Piyali said as casually as she could sound. But in reality she was a bit tense after seeing Aratrika like this. Somewhere she felt that her family had a role behind it.