2. Prospective Bride

Shubho MahaNabami everyone. ❤

Saptarshi's pov

"What?" 

I can't believe my ears.

"Have you seriously told them?" Priyansh asked Akash.

"Yes….Kanika's family was searching for a groom. She was crying when she called me three days ago. So I decided to tell everything to my parents and hers. And I did the day before yesterday. "  Akash said confidently. 

Akash Chatterjee ,an IT professional, is my friend in high school. Priyansh Chatterjee is Akash's cousin and we three had studied together in high school.  Then Akash joined engineering, Priyansh chose Chemistry stream and I went for Commerce. Though we got separated during our graduation days...we were still friends and till today we are. 

It's been 17 years since we became best friends. 

"What did Kanika's father say? Because we all know that your family does not have any problem. " I asked excitedly. 

"As I said, I talked with both families. Then Kanika's father called my father and they talked. Finally, it was decided that we will go to her house today in the evening. At first the elders will talk with me and Kanika,then the decision will be taken." Akash said grinning. 

We looked at him in amazement and said,"You gave us tension on the phone whereas it is good news.Should we beat you for that?" and joked.

We laughed .Controlling the laughter,Akash said,"But it's still not final, dude. So wait and pray for the good." 

"But….Priyansh also wants to share something with you…" Akash said again.

I looked at Priyansh and raised my eyebrows. 

"Well, Finally my long lost lover said yes to my proposal and we are kind of dating now…." Priyansh said with a giddy smile on my face.

"Wah,Professor…...ebar chemistry poranor sathe sathe nijer love life er chemistry nieo experiment korbe.(Now besides of teaching chemistry, you will experiment with the chemistry of your love life.)" I joked and we three laughed.

After that for an hour we had a long chat reminiscing the old days while sharing coffee and cookies.

"Okay guys, now I have to leave now…" I said.

"Police station ?" Priyansh asked.

"Yes, I have to do some work there.." I said.

"But remember, you are also coming with us today as you are free." Akash said.

I really didn't want to go as my plan was to eat and sleep today. But I decided to go so that I can check on their family .

"Yes definitely. " I said and left.

I came out of the cafe and wearing my helmet ,I rode my bike towards the police station. 

.
.

I was waiting at the traffic signal when I saw a man on my right side who was sitting on his bike. That's not the problem. The actual problem was he was moving his eyeballs here and there and clutching his bag in his hand.

Finding the behaviour kind of fishy,I decided to observe him. 

After some minutes, a man came and took the bag from him. They talked for some time and the man left with the bag.

Soon the traffic got a green signal and everyone started to move so the man.

"I should follow him." I said to myself and followed the man,keeping a distance to avoid any kind of doubt. Luckily I wasn't wearing my uniform today which helped me.
.
.
.