53. Long way to go

Author's pov

Saptarshi was walking to and fro in his room with a defeated expression on his face.
He had an idea that his mother would go strict on them for this marriage, but never in his dream did he thought that she would do something like this.

He was feeling helpless . There he married to Aratrika promising her that he would fill her life with happiness and here once again she had to face humiliation and sadness because of this marriage.

"No no..I just can't sit here like this. " Saying this he got up and went out of his room.

He walked towards the guest room where Aratrika was as per his mother's order.

Knocking the door, he waited for her to answer.

"Yes," Hearing her answer ,he entered inside.
There she was sitting on the bed .

"Are you okay?" Saptarshi asked her as he sat beside her.

Aratrika looked up and nodded.

"Aratrika, I am sorry…I didn't know that Maa would react like this.
Trust me she isn't like this, she loves everyone and is also very kind.  But it's just… " Saptarshi said but was interrupted by Aratrika.

"I understand,  she is a mother…she is hurt that you married despite knowing that she didn't approve of the girl. I understand her emotions.  She felt disrespected.
But I promise you that I will win her heart, she will not be able to stay angry with us for a long time." Aratrika said ,holding his hand.

Saptarshi pulled her in his arms and Said, "And I promise you that I won't let your family hurt you…no matter what happens. We will wait for you Jethu and Maa to get calmed down, then we will make them understand. "

Aratrika nodded her head .

"Now ,you change your dress, I am sending something for you to eat." Saptarshi said to her.

Breaking the hug, Aratrika looked at him hesitantly.

"What happened?  He asked her.

"Umm…I don't have my dresses with me." She said to him in a whisper.

Saptarshi facepalmed himself for forgetting that.

"Okay, you at least go , freshen up and eat the food which I am bringing for you. Then we will go shopping." Saptarshi said, making Aratrika nod her head.

After Aratrika got freshen up, Saptarshi brought some food for her. They both ate their food together. He went to the kitchen to keep the dishes after finishing their food.

"Let's go," Saptarshi said to Aratrika and both decided to head out.

"Where are you going?"

Saptarshi and Aratrika were going to shop for some clothes for Aratrika when they heard Sanonda speaking who was watching TV in the living room.

"Pimoni, Aratrika doesn't have clothes here, that's why we are going to buy some clothes for her." Saptarshi said.

Sanonda nodded and said with a smile, "Okay,go. But come back as soon as possible."

They nodded their heads with a smile.

The newly wedded couple drove towards the shopping mall in Saptarshi's car .
.
.
.
After two hours

"It was fun…trust me the samosa was so good." Aratrika said with a smile .

Saptarshi looked at Aratrika with a satisfactory smile. This was the first time he had seen her smiling so much. Aratrika was looking at everything in awe whereas her husband was observing her very keenly throughout their shopping.