54. A piece of Advice

Author's pov

"Good Morning, " Students and Professors wished as they met Sanonda on their way.

Sanonda wished them back and went inside the staff room.

She has finished taking the first class of the morning which she was assigned to do.

Keeping her bag ,she looked at the routine which was hanging on the wall.

"So you have two more classes for today!!" Hearing the voice from just behind her, Sanonda almost jumped on her place being startled.

"Gosh Aniruddha ,you scared me." Sanonda said, turning towards him, who was chuckling.

"Sorry…but it was hilarious. What are you looking at the routine so deeply ? In fact you didn't hear me calling your name when I entered after you." Aniruddha asked her.

Sanonda walked back to her place and sat down. Aniruddha followed her suit.

"Nothing…I was looking at the classes for mine. I want to go back home early today.
But why are you late today? It's already 11 am. " Sanonda asked him.
She internally groaned in annoyance as she saw that she had back to back two classes again after lunch break.

Aniruddha kept looking at her for a few seconds and then smiled.
"If you have forgotten, my classes are from 12pm today. I only have two classes to take after lunch break." He said.

Sanonda closed her in embarrassment and rubbed her forehead with her fingertips.

"Are you alright? Did something happen?" He asked her in concern because Sanonda wasn't someone who would forget things easily and if she had forgotten that meant that something serious had definitely happened. Moreover she looked stressed from the very moment he saw her.

Sanonda took a sigh and told him everything which happened for the past two days at her home. Aniruddha heard with full attention.

Sanonda and Aniruddha's relationship had evolved with time. They have become good friends with each other.

"I mean that I don't know what to do. I know who is right and who is wrong.
But what I know is just because of Piyali's bruised ego I can't let a budding relationship between Rishi and Aratrika die down." Sanonda said at the end.

The staff room was almost empty except for them and two more professors were there .

Aniruddha took a sigh and said, "I am not supporting your brother's wife but let me tell you one thing. Her insecurities are not wrong.
First of all , every parent wants the best for their children..The idea of "best " thing varies person to person.
As an example, Siddhartha wants the best for Saptarshi and he knows that the best thing for him lies in Aratrika..so he supports him.
On the other hand, Piyali also wants the best for Saptarshi but according to her the best thing for him is what she chooses for him because she thinks that no one knows what's best for her son except her…even her son doesn't know that.

Secondly, Piyali is a person of old traditional thoughts but in a different way.
She will appreciate it if someone else marries a widow or divorcee…but when it comes to her own son she will not accept it because again she wants the "best" for her son.

And about the age difference, we both know that it becomes a taboo in our society when an older girl marries a younger boy. 80% to 90% people frown upon the concept of this kind of marriage. So no comments on that. Though I believe that if a person makes you happy irrespective of age ,why not marry her/him!!

Moreover as a mother she is hurt that her son disobeyed him as you have already told me Saptarshi always listens to her .
You know as well how she reacts to Saptarshi's job as it is against her will.
Here the case is also the same but a bit more serious than before.