9. A Beautiful Night

Aratrika's pov 

I was cutting the vegetables which would be cooked for  lunch when suddenly I decided to check the fridge for two types of fish.

"Oh God!! There is only one." I said to myself.

I was about to inform Jethi ma when she herself entered the kitchen with a packet of fish in her hand.

"I knew there was only one type of fish so I bought this. But there is no mishti doi (sweet curd/ yogurt ) ,so you have to buy it. " She told me. 

I nodded as I knew except me, Jethi ma and ma there is no one at home. 

I told the maid to cut the vegetables and went to my room to wear a decent salwar suit .

After that I left to buy yogurt.
.
.
.
I went to a nearby sweet shop which is quite famous in Kolkata. So as usual it was busy and crowded.

It took me almost 20 minutes to buy mishti doi and rosogolla. 

I was walking towards my home as it is just 15 minutes away when suddenly a car stopped right beside me making me startled. 
Composing myself, I was about to walk away when the door of the car opened.

"Aratrika, kothaye cholli? (Where are you going?)" 
I turned to see Debanjan da getting down from the car. 

Debanjan da is my Dada's best friend. They are working together in the same MNC company. 

"Oh Tumi !! Ami toh ei mishti kine Bari jachchilam, aaj Pishi , Pisho r tader chele, Moinak ese6e. (Oh you !!! I was just going towards my house after buying the sweets. Today we have guests, Paternal Aunt, her husband and their son Moinak) 
Didn't you go to the office?" I said to him. 

"Actually I had some work here. I will go now." He said. I nodded.

Suddenly I fell as if someone was watching me. I looked around but couldn't find anyone. I shrugged.

"Oh, then come, I will drop you." He said to me.

"No no...it's okay. I will go on my own. It will hardly take 15 minutes. You carry on." I said to him politely. 

"It's okay. Come,I will drop you. Your house will be on my way,so come. See it's already 11 am and the sun is literally killing us. Come come...I will drop you." He said to me.

I sighed.  Seeing him insisting on me so much, I nodded and sat inside the car.

All the while I felt that intense gaze on me. Though I shrugged it off ,I couldn't ignore the feeling.

But who was that person? 

Saptarshi's pov 

"Good morning, " I greeted everyone as I settled down on the chair for breakfast. 

Pimoni served me breakfast and Mom came with the tea from the kitchen.

"Maa, Don't make dinner tonight. We will go out to have dinner. " I said to her. 

Sanchita squealed in happiness and Baba laughed looking at her.

" Okay...but why?" Maa asked .

"There is no reason. Just wanted to take you guys out." I replied with a smile.

Maa nodded and Pimoni smiled .

"Okay Pimoni ,you get ready, I will drop you to your college." I said to her. 
She nodded. 

After having my breakfast, Baba left for work . 

He is an officer in a Bank.

 I drove  Pimoni to her college where she works as a Maths professor .
Then I went straight to the Police station.