18. Something from Past

Saptarshi's Pov 

" After hearing both the sides of the incident and judging the evidence which the court has received during the case , We came to a conclusion that The people who are accused are found guilty . According to the IPC Section 302, the accused is sentenced to have an imprisonment for life.
The court is adjourned. " 

As soon as the judge passed the verdict  , the relief washed over the victim's family along with us ,the police team. 

Some constable dragged the hysteric accused or I say the criminals out of the court and their family followed behind. 

I walked out of the court along with the other inspectors of my station. There were some procedures to be completed today as the criminal was going to be sent to the Alipore Central Jail.

We calmed the media down who came to know the verdict . 

After that we left from the court premises. 

I was walking towards my bike when a person's voice stopped me from behind.

"Sir," 

I turned around to see the Victim's parents running towards me.

"Thank you so much ,Sir.  Only because of you My son got justice. I will remain indebted to you for whole life." The Victim's father said to me ,holding my hand. 

"It's  nothing Sir, it was bound to happen. As I promised you that your son would get justice , I just kept my promise. Don't thank me as it was my job." I said to him. 

I felt bad seeing the man crying in front of me for his dead son. His son was a college student who fell in love with his classmate who belonged to a upper class family. One day the girl's brother caught them together. The very next day he along with his friends went to the boy's house only to  threaten him and beat him black and blue. As a result the boy died on spot. The murders ran away. 

Next day the parents of that victim filed a case against those culprits. The case started. It took almost a year to bring justice to that boy who died as the criminals belonged to a rich and influential families… they tried to temper with the evidences and  threatened eye witnesses. They tried every way possible bit finally the truth won.

The couple blessed me and left from there.  

I sighed and left for the police station. 

I went to the Police station and did my work for the next 5 hours.

After completing everything, I decided to leave for home. I needed rest otherwise my brain would burst at any moment. 

" Sir, you called me ." Hearing the voice I looked up to see Who it was.

"Yes, Roy. I am leaving now. Keep these documents safely. We need to provide it to the officers who will be coming from the Central Jail tomorrow. " I said to him.

He nodded and left to do his job.

I packed my things and left for home.
.
.
.
I entered my house when I heard chattering sounds which were coming from the living room.

As soon as I entered , my parents came to my view along with Pimoni. 

" Ki hochche? (What's happening?)" I asked as I took a seat on the sofa set beside Baba.

" Nothing ,we are just talking about how proud we are feeling because of you." Baba said as he patted my back. I smiled at him. 

" Where is Sanchita?" I asked. 

"She went to Tanusree's house as today is her birthday. She went to wish her. When I called her half an hour ago, she told me that she had left for home already. " Maa said. I nodded.