41. True face

Author's pov

Saptarshi was whistling while getting ready.

"Ki khobor Dada? Aaj Kal toh dekhchi tor mejaj hebbi furfure!! In fact tui chorom glow korchis....ki byapar bol toh ?" (What's happening, brother? Nowadays you remain in a very happy mood. In fact you are glowing as well... what's the matter?" )

Hearing his sister's voice, he looked at the door step through

mirror to see her already being ready in a beautiful anarkali suit.

" Keno noi? Aaj amar bondhu r bie. Ami or jonno vishon khushi. R sob theke Boro kotha holo je amra or bie te hebby enjoy korbo... Tai jnnoi ami happy r glow korchi.

(Why not? Today's my friend's wedding. I am very happy for him. Moreover we will enjoy his wedding to the fullest...that's why I am happy and glowing.)" Saptarshi replied confidently.

What he didn't tell her was the morning encounter he had with Aratrika which was making him smile like a fool since the morning.

Sanchita believed her Brother and nodded her head. All of a sudden her phone rang. She looked at her phone and turned stiff seeing the caller id.

Saptarshi looked at her sister and frowned seeing her like this.

"What happened? Who is this?" He asked her.

Sanchita looked at her brother and cut the call immediately.

"No no...ummm...it's nothing. Unknown number. You get ready ,I need to do my touch ups." Saying this she left from his room.

Entering her room ,she looked at her phone.

"Why is she calling me?" She thought to herself in confusion. Shrugging her shoulder she kept her phone on the bed.

She was walking towards the dressing table to do her final touch up when her phone rang once again.

She walked back near her phone and again the same person was calling her.

"Hello, what do you want?" She asked as soon as she received the call.

"Why are you talking to me like this? I am calling you after months and you are behaving like this to me!!! You know how much I missed you guys !!! How difficult it was for me to stay without seeing your brother whom I love so much!! " She heard the person saying to her. Her voice was full of agony.

"Listen Sreetoma Di, you already insulted my Pimoni ...what do you expect from me ? That I will talk to you sweetly!!!" Sanchita asked her sarcastically.

"Woah !!! Pimoni and all ,huh!! Where is the girl who always complained and whined about how her Pimoni is annoying, how she always interferes in everyone's matters and...and... and not to forget how she always wanted her Pimoni to leave her house?" Sreetoma mocked her.

" Yes, I know that I have issues with her...but that doesn't mean that whatever I said about her in frustration was absolutely correct. Moreover, who am I to want her to leave our house? It's her own house ,she will live as long as she wants. If I can stay at my grandfather's and my father's house, why can't she stay at her father's and brother's house? In fact it is her house as well.

You are no one to insult her in her own house.

You know , Dada was always right about you. It was just I was too blind to see your actual personality which was nothing but full of poison.

So from next time, don't call me...This is my last warning to you . Otherwise I will let my brother handle you.

And you know his way of handling things can get messy and dangerous. " Saying this she cut the call ,leaving a shocked and flabbergasted Sreetoma on the other side.