39. Moments

Author's Pov 

After a month 

Mukherjee house was decorated with different kinds of lights and flowers. 
From the morning the hustle bustle of people who were the guests and relatives could be heard by any passerby.

Why not? 

Because today is Kanika's wedding with Akash.

So from the morning itself Kanika along with elders of the family were on the roof where the pre marriage rituals were being performed according to the Bengali wedding. 

Suporno was also busy with other works which were related to the wedding. Smita was busy attending the guests and sometimes gossiping with her friends who were also invited for the wedding.

"Aratrika, taratari cha er ayojon ta kor…..ki re eto somoy laage tor? " (Aratrika, arrange for some tea fast…..what are you doing? Why are you taking so much time?" Aratrika jumped hearing Promita's (Aratrika's Paternal aunt) voice. She was working in the kitchen since the morning.  Preparing breakfast, tea everything was handled by her and their help.

"I am done…. I am done." Aratrika said in a hurry as she poured the tea in a kettle and the cups.

Promita twisted her mouth in distaste as she looked at Aratrika which didn't go unnoticed by her and told their help to take the cups on the rooftop where most of the guests were present.Aratrika felt hurt as usual though she was used to it.

Aratrika sighed and concentrated on preparing the remaining Luchis for the breakfast as she knew that after sometime everyone would demand the breakfast. 

Forgetting the world, She was immersed in her work when suddenly someone held a glass  in front of her mouth and before she could understand the roller pin was snatched from her hand and the gas oven was turned off.

She didn't need to turn around to see who the person was. She could feel him if he was near her.

"May I know what you are doing in this kitchen when everyone is on the rooftop where pre wedding rituals are happening?" The deep voice made her heart thump loudly and the butterflies were back in her stomach again.

It was Saptarshi. He came here from groom's side to give the Gaye holud er totto to Kanika along with Akash's cousins and friends.

She turned around and looked up to see those intense pair of eyes which only ran a shiver down her spine. Saptarshi once again got lost in her eyes which held nothing but innocence. 

Saptarshi's heart puffed up in joy as he could see the emotions and admiration he saw in her eyes whereas Aratrika internally shivered as she saw the desire and a deep emotion which his eyes held and it made her cheeks turn pink.

Both of them could see the admiration in each other's eyes , could feel the attraction between them but as usual their lips remained closed which was happening for one month whenever they were meeting secretly.

In this one month many things have changed. Aratrika doesn't know why but her parents, her uncle and her  aunt  had become a bit soft towards her. Smita also has started behaving politely with her. 
Suporno and her relationship has also improved and become just like before though he doesn't know how his family has blackmailed Aratrika to stop her from pursuing her dreams.

The only thing that has remained unchanged is the behavior of Promita and her husband who are still rude to her. 

One of the major changes  has also come in her life  . It is her and Saptarshi's relationship. 

Saptarshi who has always tried to conceal his feelings for Aratrika in front of her has started to unveil infront of her by his behavior forgetting about the future whereas Aratrika who always wanted to run away from her likeness towards Saptarshi started to accept it as whenever she is near him, talks with him or sees him, it is impossible for her to deny what her heart says to her.
So both of them have started to live in the present listening to their hearts.