30 . The Incident

Author's pov 

"Aratrika is missing." 

Saptarshi sat up straight on the bed. 

"If you are trying to joke around me, I swear Akash that I will kill you." He warned Akash.

"Do you really think I will joke on such a sensitive topic? She is seriously missing. Kanika called me just now and told me." Akash said to him ,making Saptarshi freeze in his place.

He took a deep breath to calm himself down as he needed to control himself for Aratrika's sake.

"Can you take Kanika to the conference...I need to ask her some questions. " Saptarshi told Akash. 

Akash sighed in relief to hear him calm and composed as he knew that this news was going to freak him out. But luckily he controlled himself which was more than enough. 

Soon Kanika joined them in a conference call.

"Kanika, it's me ,Saptarshi..tell me everything in detail. " Saptarshi said to her hurriedly as soon as he heard her voice.

"Yes yes, actually we all slept today at around 12 am tonight. After everyone slept I went to her room after an hour..with food." Kanika said. Panic was evident in her voice.

"Wait wait..why food? I mean why so late?" Saptarshi couldn't control himself from asking her.

"Um..actually there's something big which happened today..that's why she didn't eat her dinner. That's why I thought to give her food. " Kanika at first hesitated but then replied as she knew it's not the time to hide something. 

"Then?" Saptarshi asked her.

"As soon as I entered her room, it was empty. I searched her bathroom...later I searched the whole house but she wasn't there. " Kanika said.

"You came to know about her around 1 am and it's 2am now. You should have informed us within half an hour...now every minute is important." Saptarshi burst out on Kanika. It was hard for him to check his temper. He was already being hypertensed thinking about Aratrika. 

'I didn't know who to say...whom to ask for help. Her room was as it was. Only her purse was missing. She didn't take anything except that.
 I was confused. There wasn't anyone who could help Me. Dada isn't here so I was more helpless. And others...well..they won't help me to find her either. So I called Akash." Kanika said. It was the first time she was hearing an angry Saptarshi so she got startled .

"Rishi, calm down.. you need to cool yourself before starting anything. " Akash took the matter in his hands as he understood how tense Saptarshi was right now.

Saptarshi cut the call without saying anything and immediately gave Aratrika's number to his men to track it. He already knew that it was only Suporno who gave her the mobile, hiding it from everyone . Aratrika told her once while chatting. When Kanika didn't mention about the phone which would have definitely been a surprise to her if she saw it in Aratrika's room.....he understood that Aratrika took her mobile.

" I hope you didn't switch your phone off...otherwise I don't know  what I will do. But I have to find you..at any cost and conditions. " He said to himself .

Without wasting a second he left his house in search of her.
.
.
.
Saptarshi was driving his car towards New Alipore so that he could look around the place before getting any news about her whereabouts when suddenly his phone rang. 

"Yes ," he answered it through his Bluetooth. 

"Sir, we find the location. It's near Babughat bus stand." Thanking his informer, he started to drive towards Babughat. It took him only 10 minutes to reach there as he drove as fastest as he could.. And by 3 am he reached his destination.