62. Betrayal

Author's pov

"Finally the coffee is here." Aniruddha said with a dramatic sigh.  Sanonda chuckled .

"But what about the Chowmein? I am very hungry." He complained like a child.

"Aniruddha, calm down…it will be here soon." Sanonda said before laughing at his child-like attitude .

Just like yesterday, today also Sanonda went to Aniruddha's new home to help him with decorations and all. After that they decided to catch up a bit along with some food.
So here they are in a local restaurant.

Soon the Chowmein arrived which relieved Aniruddha a lot.

"Happy?" Sanonda asked.

"Very," Aniruddha replied with a grin ,making Sanonda roll her eyes.

They started to eat the food.

"Have you decided any date for Grihaprabesh? " Sanonda asked him.

"I don't know, maybe any Sunday or something. " He replied casually.

Sanonda looked at him with wide eyes and said ,"It doesn't work like that.  You have to look for an auspicious day when you can do a Puja. You just can't randomly pick a day."

"Who will do so much hard work?" He asked with a bored expression and continued, "So Don't need to do that. I will organize a small house warming party on Sunday."

"Shut up, okay!! I will call our family priest to select a day. We will keep Puja on that day." Sanonda ordered him.
She was so busy talking that she didn't notice that instead of using "you" ,she said "We."
Aniruddha noticed it but didn't point it out as he didn't want to embarrass her. But unknowingly a smile crept on his lips hearing her.

"Okay, as you say Madam.
The work is almost done. The remaining work will be done within the next three days.  Tell the Pandit (priest) to find out a day next week…it will be helpful. Because as soon as the Puja is done, I am shifting to my new home." He said with a smile.

Sanonda nodded.

"What about your family members?" Sanonda asked him.

"See, I have one elder brother who stays in Delhi. Though I had already told him about shifting,  I can guarantee you that they won't come …it's not possible ." He said.

Aniruddha's parents died five years back…. His father died first and then after three months his mother also passed away.
Now he only has one elder brother who stays in Delhi along with his wife and his son.
They don't have any other relatives.

So Aniruddha is here alone in Kolkata.

Sanonda nodded.

They talked about some other things and in the meantime completed their food.

"Let's go…I will drop you." Aniruddha told her.

"No no..it's okay. I will go by myself. It's only 7pm now…I will get an auto easily." Sanonda said.
It would take her 15 minutes to reach home.

"Why will you waste money on auto fare? Come, I will drop..your house will be on my way only. "  Aniruddha said. Sanonda shook her head and at last agreed.

"You can treat me with that fare which I saved today. " He joked as they got inside his car.

Sanonda laughed and said, "Sometimes think of other things other than food. "

"Not happening." He said with a wink and started to drive his car.

.
.
.

Aratrika was sitting in the living room. Her bouncing legs, fidgeting hands and a bit annoyed expression on her face indicated that she was restless.