24. Intrigue

Author's pov 

Sanonda was so engrossed in her book that she didn't realise that someone had occupied the seat which was in front of her.

"Hello, M.P." 

Hearing the greeting, she knows very well who it can be. Only one person in the whole college calls her by this name.

She looked up and smiled at the person who was sitting in front of her. 

"Hello, Mr. Chakraborty, " She greeted him.

" How are you?" Mr. Chakraborty asked her as he opened the exam sheets to check it.

"Fine as wine. You tell me, how have you been? How's the trip?" She asked him. 

"The trip was good but not so interesting. The group with whom I have gone was full of mean people who destroyed the trip by creating unnecessary problems and arguments. 
Now I am back and the workload is gonna be double." He said with a sigh, pointing towards the exam copies in front of him which he needed to submit within two weeks.

"Don't worry, you will finish it within a blink of an eye." She said with a smile. 

He smirked and joked ," I am not a robot, Miss." 

"You don't know it but you are." She said playing along.

Mr. Chakraborty laughed, shaking his head. 
"Except me, nobody here knows that you have an excellent sense of humour. " He said.

"Are you trying to make fun of me?" She said, narrowing her eyes playfully. 

He raised his hand as if surrendering himself and said with a fake scared expression, "Will never dare to!!!" 

She laughed followed by him.

He is Mr. Aniruddha Chakraborty . This 56 years old man is a Physics Professor in the same college where Sanonda works. 
Though he is in 50s but still looks very handsome with his 6 ft 1 inch height, muscular frame and wheatish complexion.
Along with teaching , he is also doing his research work. 
Unlike Sanonda, he isn't an easy going teacher, he is one of the most strict professors in the college whom students fear. 
He isn't friendly with each and every colleague because he knows that everyone is sugar coating their words just to please people . They try to be friendly with him but he avoids them. So he is reputed as a "Rudest Professor ".
 Only three people he finds genuine and they are close to him. One is Sanonda and another two are from Bengali and Chemistry faculty. They only know what he really is.

After talking for some time,  Sanonda stood up and packed her bag.

"Okay Mr. Robot, I need to go to class now . After that I will leave. When are you leaving?" She asked him.

Aniruddha chuckled at his nickname and said ," I will by 6pm...I have some work to complete.  By the way ,how are you going home? Cab or something else?" 

"No… Saptarshi will pick me up. I would have taken a bus but he was adamant to not take me along with him." Sanonda said with a smile.

Aniruddha smiled and said, "The boy loves you a lot." 

" Indeed." She said with a warm smile  adorning her face. Aniruddha didn't miss the slight misty eyes which had pride and admiration in them for Saptarshi. 

.
.
.
Next Day 

Saptarshi's Pov 

I got ready in a white shirt and black pants. Taking my phone and wallet I walked out of my room.

Whistling a tune , I went downstairs to see Maa, Pimoni and Sanchita watching some serial. 

"Ki re Dada?Aj kal Khub gun gun korchis? Ki bapar?? (What happened, Dada? You whistling a lot nowadays!! What's the matter?)" As usual Sanchita teased me. 
Pimoni looked at her with a smile and shook her head whereas Maa laughed hearing her.