26. You made my day

Saptarshi's Pov 

I slowed down my bike as the gate of my house came to my sight.

After entering ,I stopped my bike in the garage and got down from it. Locking it properly,  I walked out of the garage and walked towards the main door.

Pressing the calling bell I waited for someone to open the door.

Soon the door opened but only to make me groan in annoyance. 
There Sreetoma was standing with a sickly sweet smile on her face. 

I rolled my eyes and entered inside, ignoring her completely. 

"How are you?" I heard her asking as she followed me. 

I walked faster to avoid her and entered the  living room which was  empty. 

It is already 8 pm, which means Baba and Pimoni are back from their work. Sanchita is also at home as she doesn't have any tuition today.Maybe they are in their respective room.

I thought Sreetoma understood that I was not interested in talking to her. But I was wrong,I guess.

"How was your day?" Once again she asked me. 

I stopped near the stairs and turned towards her. Her face turned gleeful as she thought that I was going to have a chat with her.

As if !! 

"When I didn't answer you for the first time itself, you should have understood by then that I wasn't interested in talking  to you. Why do you think that I would reply to you if you keep asking ?" I said to her with an emotionless face.

I was frustrated due to everything around me. And she wasn't helping me either.

Her face crumbled in sadness.

"Why do you always avoid me?" She asked me.

I sighed and said ," See Sreetoma, I am not interested in you. I already showed it to you a thousand times. But still you are … Anyways,  please don't waste your time on me. " 

Without wasting any time I went towards my room.
.
.
.
Turning on the shower, I stood beneath it. The cold water soothed my nerves and relaxed my muscles. 

Though the rainy season is there, still the hot weather hasn't changed a bit.

Taking a deep breath I groaned and punched the wall lightly. It's been a week since I met Aratrika and I gave my number to her.

I could have asked for her number but knowing her I understood that she wouldn't have given me. 

I don't know why I feel that there is something in her life which is unknown to all. The insecurities, the hesitation, the discomfort everything is there whenever she is around people….especially new one.

I know that she doesn't trust me much. Well, I didn't do anything so that she could trust me.

That's why I gave her my number. So that she atleast sent me a text. 

But still I hadn't heard anything from her side.

Maybe the dream of knowing her and being with her will remain  as a dream itself. 

I highly doubt that she will text Me. But somewhere in my heart there is a hope that maybe she will respond to me. I don't know why but still there is hope which makes me wait for her text patiently .

After taking a bath , I walked out of the bathroom wearing a T-shirt and track pants .

I laid on my bed to take a nap for sometime before dinner.