47. Love

Author's note

Next morning

Saptarshi was sitting in a coffee shop while receiving looks from the other customers present in the cafe.
He knew the reason very well —- his uniform.

He didn't care about it ..in fact he felt proud as he got the honour to wear his uniform every single day.
Avoiding the attention he was getting from the customers, he took his phone out from the pocket to dial a number.

"Don't need to call me…I am here." Hearing the voice he looked up to come face to face with the person who not only destroyed his sleep last night but also destroyed his peace and sanity.

"We need to talk ….seriously this time." The person said to him.

Saptarshi braced himself for the upcoming storm.

.
.
.

It was 10 am in the morning.

In Mukherjee house everyone joined for breakfast.
It was Sunday so everyone was present.

"Kanika, where is Akash?" Brijesh asked her daughter as he took a bite of the roti (bread).

" Umm…he has gone out to meet an office colleague….he was saying that he has some important files to collect from him..So…Don't worry,he will come back." Kanika said with a smile.

Biplob cleared his throat which gained everyone's attention.

"I don't know how to say this …I am happy to share the news with you all at the same time I can't help but feel sad. " He said to all.

"What happened ? Why are you saying this?" Suporno asked his father, being confused about his sudden speech. Everyone looked confused except the elders.

Biplob took a sigh and said ,"The thing is …umm…there is a proposal ..I mean a marriage proposal which came to me last night."

"For whom?" Smita asked.  She was feeling dread from inside. Did the proposal come for her?
In no way she will agree to marry someone so early .

Kanika also looked at him with a questioning gaze. Suporno looked at his mother with a frown. But his frown deepened when he noticed his mother fidgeting in her place.

Aratrika, who was concentrating on her breakfast, looked at Biplob.
But the very next moment, she choked on her food when she heard his next words.

"For Aratrika. "

Suporno, Kanika and Smita were stunned hearing him as they were aware about the proposal . Suporno once again looked at his mother who avoided looking at him. Then he understood why his mother was fidgeting before….she was aware of it as well.

Suddenly Smita started to laugh ,making everyone look at her in wonder.

"Enough Baba….stop joking. Tell me the actual matter." Smita said after controlling her laughter.

"Why would I joke?" Biplob asked in a serious tone.

"Marriage proposal for her!!! Are you serious? " Smita Said pointing her finger towards Aratrika.

Biplob nodded.

Aratrika was rooted in her place in shock hearing the news. Her mind was running in a different direction.

Is it Saptarshi?
No Aru.  Are you mad? Why will he send a goddamn proposal to you? He doesn't love you..does he?

The war started between her heart and her mind. She wanted to think of the positive signs which her heart was showing her…but at the same time she couldn't ignore her mind who was giving her logical points.