57. Dinner and Drama

Author's pov

"Ahaa, ki sundor gondho asche!! (Wow!!! A beautiful smell is coming out.)" Sanchita said as she entered the kitchen where Aratrika was cooking and Saptarshi was there with her.

He wanted to help her but Aratrika had strictly forbidden him to do so.

Aratrika smiled and said, "It's almost done."

"Trust me,the kitchen is the best place to sit during winter." Sanchita said as she sat on the kitchen counter.
( Author's note : If you guys have forgotten, let me remind you ,it's happening during the month of December. )

"I agree." Saptarshi said . Aratrika turned off the burner as it was done.

"Dada, tui seriously ekhane e boumoni ke help e korchis toh!!!! Nki kitchen romance er fantasy puron korchis? (Dada, are you seriously helping Boudi here? Or you are fulfilling your fantasy of the kitchen romance !!!)" Sanchita said with a teasing smile.

Aratrika's face turned red whereas Saptarshi looked at his sister with an open mouth in shock. Seeing their faces, Sanchita started to laugh.

It's so fun to tease the siblings, irrespective of the age difference.

" You…you go and call everyone for dinner. Don't forget that I am older than you. " Saptarshi warned her. Still there was some playfulness in his tone.

"It doesn't matter. We are siblings and it's my right to tease you..that's what matters." Saying this with a wink, Sanchita went out to call everyone.

Saptarshi smirked as he looked at the flustered face of Aratrika. He said, " Or idea ta Kintu kharap noi. Ki bolo?(Her idea is not bad. What do you say?)"

Hearing him, she looked at him with wide eyes and her face turned more red.

"I think I should take the food to the table." Saying this she left the kitchen to set the table.

Saptarshi smiled,shaking his head.

Everyone gathered in the dining room and settled down for dinner.

"Hmmm….smells very nice." Siddhartha commented, making Aratrika smile.

"Where is your brother, Sanchita?" Piyali asked as she didn't find him.

"He was…there he is." Sanchita was about to say that he was here only but when he spotted him on the stairs she pointed towards the direction.

Saptarshi came and stood beside Aratrika.

"Why are you standing? Come and sit here." Lolita said to him in confusion.

"I will but after serving you all." He said to her. Lolita and Piyali looked at each other. Siddhartha, Sanonda smiled whereas Sanchita winked at her brother.

"I think your wife is capable enough to serve food. It's her duty. " Piyali said .

"Please you sit. I can do it." Aratrika whispered to Saptarshi.

Saptarshi ignored her.

" It's everyone's duty…not only a wife's. She has cooked all these for us so I decided to serve the food. Because that's what I have promised her when I married her that I will take care of her." He replied ,looking at his wife. Love was shining in his eyes which made her blush.

Before Piyali could open her mouth ,Sanonda said , "Then serve…I am dying in hunger. "

Saptarshi smiled. He told Aratrika to sit down but she denied.  He sighed ,seeing her stubbornness .

They both decided to serve dinner.

"Wow, Koraishutir Kochuri  r Aloor Dum…eto Amader favourite. (Peas kochuri and Dum Aloo …these are our favourite. )" Siddhartha said gleefully. Sanonda nodded.
Aratrika smiled.