35. The Reaction

Happy Saraswati Puja to you all. ❤

Author's Pov 

Minutes passed but Saptarshi still didn't say anything.
 Aratrika didn't know whether Saptarshi believed her or not.
And she desperately wanted to know that.

Suddenly Saptarshi stood up and walked out of his cabin.  He entered the room where the people were kept. 

"Mr. Pandey, " he called out loudly. 

Hearing his name Mr. Pandey got up from his seat . Before he could say anything ,a strong punch landed on his face. He cried out in pain.

Saptarshi wasn't within himself. Aratrika's cries, her puffy red eyes which were full of pain, the humiliation she faced -- everything was making him frustrated and furious. 
Frustrated because he wasn't able to save her from facing this kind of situation and furious because she has to be humiliated and was almost taken advantage of her helplessness.
And the punches which he was throwing one after another were the outcome of his anger which was brewing inside his heart and nerves.

Mr. Pandey was crying in pain but Saptarshi was unstoppable. 

The people who were present in the hall were shivering in fear seeing his anger.

Hearing the commotion ,Aratrika also came out and gasped seeing Saptarshi's violent attack. She went near him to stop him but his anger made her take a few steps back.

The inspectors and constables were shocked seeing their Sir being so angry. They couldn't understand the reason. But when they saw that the situation was going out of hand, they tried to pull Saptarshi away from Mr. Pandey. 

Finally with great difficulty Saptarshi was separated from Mr. Pandey who laid down on the ground with blood spurting out of his face. 

" How dare you try to trap innocent girls in your trap? You bastard. " Roaring furiously, he picked up the man by his collar who was almost unconscious. 

Making him sit on a chair, Saptarshi went near a table and picked up a glass of water from it. 
The very next moment Mr. Pandey started to gasp and gain back his consciousness as the water was thrown at his face by Saptarshi. 

"Tell me, tell me how many lives you have destroyed? Tell me.." He roared at him. Mr. Pandey kept mum which made Saptarshi more furious and once he landed a strong punch on his face making him knockout. 

"Throw him inside the Lock up...I will handle him when he gains his senses.  Also start working on the rest..especially the staff and manager of the hotel. " Saptarshi ordered in between his heavy breath. 

He turned around and looked straight at Aratrika who squirmed in her place, seeing his angry expression. 

Walking towards her, he took her in his and walked out of the Police Station. 
.
.
.
" Here," 
Aratrika looked up to see Saptarshi holding a packet of biscuits and tea in front of her.

"I know the tea isn't as fantastic as you make, but still have it." Saptarshi said to lighten up the mood which made Aratrika smile. A red hue coated her cheeks unknowingly hearing his compliment. 

Aratrika took the tea and Saptarshi sat beside her. 

Right now they are sitting in a park which is near the Police Station. Saptarshi knew that Aratrika was feeling uncomfortable in the atmosphere of the Police Station ,that's why he brought her here. 

Aratrika offered the tea to Saptarshi as she saw that he didn't buy it for himself. But Saptarshi denied . 

Saptarshi's phone rang, he excused himself and walked a bit away from her. 

Aratrika had tea while looking at the surroundings. The park was almost empty except Some couples and some people who were still there.

Then Aratrika's eyes fell on Saptarshi. Her eyes followed his every movement. How his face changed expressions while talking from a bit irritated to a tender one then a frustrated one. She noticed how he was tapping a foot on the ground ...a sign of impatience maybe.
Looking at his face she saw how he tried to explain something to the other person on the phone and unable to make him or her understand he kind of stomped his feet on the ground which amused her.

Soon the amusement look on her face turned into a serious one as she remembered what happened in the police station.

At first she thought that maybe he wouldn't believe her when she explained to him how she landed there. 
Truth to be told, he knows her for just a few months so it's not easy to trust someone so easily in a short span of time and in this kind of situation (raids on hotels)  generally people don't trust the people who get caught. So despite knowing her for such a short span of time, he believed in her.
Still he listened to her patiently and to her surprise ,he trusted her as well. It was kind of unbelievable for her because none except her brother had trusted her before when a crucial time occurred.
Not only trusted but he took a stand for her and fought for her.

Not only today but from the time they had come to know each other and became friends, he has always been supportive, encouraging , motivated her to progress and lifted her spirit. Her life has slowly started to fill with positivity due to him only. He has that charm.

As she looks at his face, she realises that she is the safest when she is with him. A feeling of warmth spreads in her heart as the new realization occurs to her. No matter how much she tries to deny it but the truth is she has started to catch feelings for him….she has started to like him.

Suddenly she started to panic as she realised that she had started to step into a forbidden space. It's not right to catch feelings for someone because she knows that her feelings won't have any future. She was not the right person for Saptarshi. He deserved the best which she clearly wasn't. 
As the thought rose in her mind, a blanket of sadness spread all over her.

But whatever it was ,she couldn't deny the fact that Saptarshi was a kind of a friend whom she needed and desired to have in her life. No matter what her feelings were for him, she wouldn't destroy their friendship because it was precious to her. 
So she will be friends with him, keeping her feelings aside. Moreover he will not know about her feelings for him if she doesn't tell him so this will not be a problem.

"Aratrika, " Her thoughts came to a halt as Saptarshi called her. She looked at him.

"Let's go. You need to reach home. Come I will drop you." He said to her.

Aratrika nodded and stood up. They both walked towards his bike.

Saptarshi started his bike and Aratrika sat down behind him hesitantly. It was the first time she was sitting behind someone.

"Hold me otherwise you may fall down." He said, eyeing her from the mirror.

Aratrika held his shoulder . After Making sure that she was okay, Saptarshi started his bike.

As she looked at Saptarshi's watch,her eyes widened to see it was 8:30 pm.

She gulped her saliva in fear as she knew that she had to face her family who by now has noticed her disappearance. 

She knows that now only God can save her from their wrath.

Here you go .

Share your opinions on this Chapter.

Next update will be on Tuesday.

Stay Safe and Healthy.

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share.