16. Full of thoughts

Saptarshi's Pov 

I was moving towards the place where my heart wanted to take me.

I was going towards Aratrika's house.

Yesterday had been a very stressful day for me. After I left the hospital, I went to the station to do my work. 

I tried to engage myself in my work but the well being of Aratrika was disturbing me all the time. The only thought invading my mind was whether she was okay or not.
 I felt myself shuddering in my place whenever the face of injured  Aratrika was coming in my mind.

I don't know why but I was feeling restless just for her. 

In fact last night I couldn't sleep as well just because of this.

"Why Saptarshi? Why so worried?" My heart asked me. 

"Maybe she is someone whom I know..that's why I was worried for her." I tried to justify myself.

"So you mean to say if something like this happened to Sreetoma, you would have done the same . .isn't it?" My heart asked me.

"How could you compare both of them?" I asked him in astonishment. 

"Why not? You know her just like you know Aratrika… so obviously you would have been restless. " my heart said. 

The thought of worrying about Sreetoma itself is very disgusting. Moreover it comes naturally…. I am not forcing myself to think about Aratrika.  The reason...I don't know.

"No way ...because both are way too different." I argued back.

" Is there any difference between them? I don't think so… as according to me , you hate both of them.
Then why the thought of worrying about Sreetoma disgusts you,  the thought of worrying about Aratrika comes naturally ?" My heart asked me. 

As soon as the question hit me, I stopped the bike .

Yes.  That's my question as well. 

I told my heart , "I don't know.

" Why are you playing this hide and seek with your own self , Saptarshi? " My heart asked me. 

Shaking my head, I avoided the question and started my bike once again. 

Soon I reached my destination. 

Parking my bike, I walked towards the main door.  Taking a deep breath , I rang the calling bell.

After some time the door opened . It was Aratrika's Jethi ma.

"Saptarshi !! Please come in." She said to me. Surprise was evident in her voice.

I smiled in return and entered inside. She led me towards the living room where most of the family members were sitting.

" Saptarshi, how are you?" Suporno asked me as soon as his eyes fell on me. The surprise was evident in his tone.

"I am fine." I nodded. I greeted everyone who greeted me in return.

" But why are you here?" Mr. Biplob (Aratrika's jethu) asked me.

"Actually I wanted to ask Aratrika a few questions regarding yesterday's accident in the shopping mall.. " I lied through my teeth. 
I knew that I would have to face this question which was quite natural. So the excuse was ready with me.

I could have said the truth to them that I wanted to see her to assure her well being but I didn't as I somehow understood that they had put quite a number restrictions on Aratrika. So if I would have told them that I wanted to meet her just to see her alright ,they would have stopped me from meeting her.