17. Allegations

Aratrika's  Pov 

"Aratrika " 

Hearing his voice ,I looked at him.

" I am…. I am sorry for everything. " He said to Mr
 ,making me stunned.

Before I could say anything to him ,he left without turning back.

Why did he apologize? I asked myself. 

"Maybe ,for the way he talked to me or behaved with me that night." My heart replied.

Before I could think anything, the door burst open revealing Kanika.

"Do you need something?" I asked her politely.

" You are called for lunch." She said ,making me shocked.

What the hell!!! Why I am getting shock after shock today ?

I was never allowed to have food with my family after that incident. I can eat after everyone is done having their food , otherwise I am allowed to eat in my room itself.

 Then why am I being called today? Maybe Dada called me.

The happiness started to bubble inside me at the thought of having food with my family again.

Wait a second,  Did I hear it right?

"What did you say ?" I asked Kanika to confirm it as I couldn't believe my ears.

"You are called for lunch… Dada wants you to join us." She said. 

I smiled at her. 

I knew it. 

I was happy that because of Dada I would be able to have lunch with everyone. 

"Let's go." I said to Kanika who came forward to help me. 

With the help of Kanika ,I went downstairs and looked at everyone. My heart broke a little to see the unhappy faces of everyone except Dada, Jethi ma. Baba kept an emotionless expression on his face. 

My smile wiped away. 

"Aru, come,  Sit here." Dada said and patted the chair which was beside his. Kanika took me there and helped me to sit down on the chair.

Soon lunch was served and we started to eat. 
.
.
.
"Dada, Thank you." I said Dada as he helped me to walk towards my room.

After having our lunch everyone sat in the living room. Though Dada wanted me to sit with everyone,  I decided against it as I could see none was happy.

I had my lunch with everyone and It was enough to bring a smile on my face though the unpleasant expression on my family's face hurt me a lot. So by sitting again with everyone, I didn't want to make them more irritated. 

"Why so? You are the daughter of this house, it's your right." Dada said as we walked towards the stairs.

"Aare Promita , tui?" (Aare Promita, you?)

Hearing Baba's voice, I turned around to see Promita Pisi and her husband standing near the door.

" I heard what happened here..that's why I couldn't stop myself from coming here. " Pisi cried out in a loud voice as she walked towards the living room followed by her husband. 

"Means?" Ma asked her.

"Yes.. we heard what Aratrika did. That's why I couldn't stop myself. I have always told you Borda (Elder brother) that this girl is nothing but a reason for your miseries but still you kept her in this house." Pisi said to Jethu but her eyes which were filled with hatred were on me.