61. True faces

Author's pov

Next day

Aratrika was packing her bag but there was no smile on her face. Whenever she was remembering her fight with Saptarshi last night ,her eyes were becoming teary.
It's 9 am now and Saptarshi didn't come to meet her as she knew that he didn't leave for his work yet.

She never wanted to fight with him or upset him but on the other hand, she couldn't ignore how her father requested her presence.

" Boumoni,"
Hearing Sanchita's voice , Aratrika wiped away her tears in a hurry and brought a small but fake smile to her face.

Soon Sanchita entered her room to see her boumoni still in her homely clothes.

"Boumoni, taratari ready hoe nao..tomar Dada Chole eseche (Boumoni, get ready fast..your brother has come already.)" Sanchita said as she went towards the cupboard to bring the best saree for Aratrika.

Hearing about her brother, Aratrika smiled genuinely as after so many days she was going to see them.

Aratrika went towards Sanchita who helped her in getting ready.
.
.
.

Suporno was sitting in the living room along with Siddhartha, Piyali and Sanonda. Saptarshi was also there but he left as he had to get ready.

"Suporno, you will have to have breakfast with us ,then we will leave you." Siddhartha said with a smile.

"No..uncle, it's okay. " Suporno said with hesitation.

"No…no..you are our guest. Please, have breakfast with us." Piyali said with a small smile .

Siddhartha smiled looking at Piyali.

He knew though Piyali hasn't accepted Aratrika till now, that didn't mean that she will disrespect someone who is their guest.

Suporno smiled and nodded.
.
.
.

When Saptarshi was getting ready ,he heard a knock at his door. He frowned .

Buttoning his shirt completely, he went towards the door and opened it to see Sanchita there.

" Ki hoeche? (What happened?)" He asked her.

"Ami Jani nah..Tobe boumoni dakche toke…bolche ki sob urgent kotha bolar aache. (I don't know..but Boumoni is calling you…she was telling me that she had something urgent to tell you.)" She replied and went away from there yelling a bye.

Saptarshi sighed and walked towards the mirror.

As their fight last night came to his mind ,he closed his eyes in frustration.
"I shouldn't have lost my cool" He cursed himself.

He sighed and went towards the room where his wife was impatiently waiting for him.

As Aratrika heard the footsteps, she stood up from her bed in anticipation of seeing her husband.

As soon as Saptarshi stepped inside her room, she literally jumped on him.

Saptarshi entered inside only to get startled by his wife who launched herself on him, hugging him tightly.

Before he could say something, he heard his wife sobbing in his arms.

"What happened? Is everything okay?" He asked her getting tense.

" I.. I am so …so upset…that you…stopped talking.. to me. Trust me.. I didn't want…to make you upset. I am sorry.
Please if you get angry…on me …scold me..hit me…but…Don't….don't stop talking to me…I can bear everything but ..but your silence. " She said in between her hiccups.