12. Advice

Aratrika's pov 

I was so busy adjusting my dupatta that I didn't notice someone coming on my way. .

I bumped on that person.

"Ouch" 

I tried to balance myself but couldn't due to the impact. I was about to fall when the person caught me by  my elbows to stop myself from falling. My hand caught his biceps to balance myself.

My eyes were closed tightly due to fear.

"I am so sorry." Hearing the manly voice ,I opened my eyes to see Akash's cousin.

I immediately left his hand and he followed my lead. I stood creating a decent distance between us.

"Are you okay?" He asked me. I nodded with a small smile. 

"Thank you for saving me." I thanked him and he nodded. I turned around to go away from there.

I didn't want to stay there as I wasn't very used to talking to strangers…..especially male.

"By the way, I am Priyansh, Akash's cousin."  Hearing him I turned towards him .

I folded my hand on my chest in order to do Namaskar and said ,"I am Aratrika, Kanika's elder sister." 

"Excuse me." Saying this  ,I left before he could say anything. 
.
.
.
"So you started your mission here as well." 

I was passing by a pillar near a room when this line caught my attention . I turned towards my left to see the man on whom I accidentally spilled coffee on the first day itself.

"What...what do...do you mean?" Unknowingly I started to stutter. The aura of danger and dominance was radiating from him. His eyes looked cold and lips held a mocking smirk. 

I won't deny the fact that he makes me very uncomfortable. 

"Oh !! How can I forget that you are very innocent ." His voice was laced with mockery.

He continued, "Let me explain to you in detail. I have seen you with Priyansh… how you were being all touchy touchy with him. You like it , Don't you? 
To trap a man with your beauty ,isn't that what you like to do? 

You deliberately spilled the coffee on me that day to get a reaction from me . 

But when you say that I didn't give a damn about you, you targeted Priyansh.. 

Am I right?" He said to me coldly.  

"Oh !!! Now you will squeeze out some fake tears. Trying to gain sympathy, are we?" He mocked me once again.

The venom and loathe were evident in his tone. Hearing his accusations, unknowingly my eyes filled with tears. 

I have heard this kind of accusation before as well and like every time, I couldn't control myself from crying.

What's his problem?  Why is he saying this? 

"You are getting me wrong ." I said to him meekly.

He opened his mouth to say something but immediately was interrupted by Anu. 

"Di, you are here. Your brother is searching for you." Anu said.

I quickly nodded and left from there, wiping my tears on the way.

The rest of the evening passed smoothly.  We had a very tasty dinner along with all. 

Throughout the evening,  I didn't dare to meet that man's eyes. I could feel his heated gaze on me. But still I didn't lift my eyes to see the man who insulted me without any reason.
.
.
.