48. Final Decision

Author's pov

Next morning

There was pin drop silence in Chowdhury house.
Everyone except Saptarshi were eating their breakfast together at the dining table but still only the sounds of cutlery was there.

Soon Saptarshi entered the room which made everyone stop in their places. Without looking at anybody , he sat down on his chair . As soon as he sat down on his chair, Piyali stood up and left the dining room.

Saptarshi closed his eyes in pain and let out a tired sigh.

"Don't worry...she will come around ." Siddhartha said ,patting his son's back.

Now ,you will ask me what happened and how this tension suddenly took birth...Let me explain it to you,

Flashback (it's all about yesterday )

Saptarshi was waiting in the cafe and when he saw the person whom he was about to meet didn't come on time, he decided to call him and dialed the number.

"Don't need to call me...I am here." Hearing the voice he looked up to come face to face with the person who not only destroyed his sleep last night but also destroyed his peace and sanity.

"We need to talk ....seriously this time." The person said to him and sat in front of him.

Saptarshi braced himself for the upcoming storm.

"Tell me fast ,Akash." He said to him.
Impatient could be clearly traced in his tone.

Akash took a sigh and said, "Whatever I am going to say to you, you need to listen to it without getting hyper. "

"Stop with this statutory warning thing, dimwit...tell me fast ." Saptarshi said, gritting his teeth. He was getting angry with each passing second.

"Okay okay, relax and listen, as you know currently I am in Kanika's house for post wedding rituals. So Last night me and Kanika decided to have pizza late at night. It was around 1 am when the delivery boy came with the pizza and I collected it. I thought everyone was asleep but I was very much wrong. ..while coming back to Kanika's room, I was passing by Biplob uncle's room when I heard voices coming from inside." Akash stopped to take a bit of a break.
Saptarshi gestured him to continue.

" They were discussing the proposal which came from Santanu's home.
Santanu is Smita's friend and is a frequent visitor there.
Apparently Santanu likes Aratrika so he made his parents talk with Biplob uncle for his marriage with Aratrika." Akash said. The words he uttered instantly burned Saptarshi's heart and the mere thought of someone eyeing Aratrika made him mad enough to bash that person black and blue.

Akash understood his state. So he took advantage of it.

"So they are coming tomorrow in the evening to fix the marriage...as you know Biplob uncle will do what he wants to do, anyone's opinion, likes and dislikes don't matter to him. " He said.

"Like, I will let the marriage happen. You know what , I will just go now and tell them that this marriage will not happen ." Saptarshi muttered angrily and was about to stand up when Akash stopped him.

"Listen Dude, why so? Do you love her?" Akash asked him though he knew the answer very well.

"Ofcourse dude, you know that." Saptarshi answered in a baffled tone.

"No, that's not my point. .my point is do you see your future with her? Do you want to marry her?
You already know that your mother won't accept this marriage for two reasons, one she is a widow and Secondly she is elder to you.
I am damn sure that you won't offend her by marrying against her wish.
So first decide what you want to do? Then Go ahead and I am with you in this ,remember that." Akash Said to him. He needed to put some sense into him .