33. Unexpected Place

Author's Pov

After two days

"Yes yes, I will send you the mail."

Aratrika was spreading the washed clothes on the ropes of their terrace when she heard the familiar voice behind her. She turned around to see Suporno entering the terrace while talking on his phone.

Yesterday Suporno had returned from Bangalore. Aratrika hoped that he would come to meet her but it never happened. She was hurt..very much hurt .But still keeping that hurt feeling aside, she tried to talk with him but he ignored her coldly. Still she won't lose hope.

"This is the chance, Aru. Talk with him." Her inner voice encouraged her.

Aratrika waited for Suporno to cut his call so that she could talk to him.

As soon as Suporno cut his call, Aratrika stood in front of him which made Suporno startled. He was so busy in his call that he didn't notice Aratrika's presence on the terrace.

He was avoiding her as he was hurt. The reason was Aratrika's refusal to start studying for her Masters course . He was thinking that she was afraid of her family and that's why she didn't want to study.

But what he doesn't know is that the reason behind her refusal is their family's manipulating nature. He doesn't know how Aratrika has been manipulated in the name of Suporno's love life and his dream --- his business. He doesn't know that she is thinking about his well being before hers and for him who is like a God to her, she was ready to sacrifice her dreams and well being.

Now seeing her in front of him , he wanted to talk to her...his little sister who was his life. But he couldn't let his determination break.. he wanted to show her how much hurt he was due to her decision and wanted to make her realise that she was making a mistake by letting go the chance of studying again. That's why he decided to avoid her.

In this process of making her realise her mistake and show her how hurt he is, he is hurting her beyond imagination Unknowingly.

Also he isn't aware of the humiliation she has gone through and the drastic step she took, unable to take the pain.

He turned around to leave her when Aratrika called him from behind.

"Dada," Hearing her voice,he closed his eyes to control his emotion.

If he would have turned around, he would have been able to see the teary eyes of his sister who was crying due to his ignorance.

"Amar saathe ki r kotha e bolbe nah ? (Won't you talk to me ever?)" She asked him softly. Suporno didn't fail to notice the pain in her voice.

Without saying anything to her, he left from there before he lost his control and get overwhelmed by his emotions, leaving a heartbroken Aratrika behind who started to sob loudly.
.
.
.
"So, how are you?" Aratrika heard Saptarshi's voice.

It was around 1 am...they have been talking for the last one hour. It was their regular time of chatting with each other over phone calls. After the incident , they have come more close to each other. The formality which was there in between them has started to vanish slowly but steadily. Saptarshi has become a great support system to Aratrika. He motivates her, cheers her up when she is in her low and Aratrika has started to welcome it heartily.

Yes, sometimes an overwhelmed Saptarshi blurts out something which shows his feelings which he has for her, but Aratrika chooses to ignore it. To her surprise she becomes uncomfortable. She doesn't know why but she never feels uncomfortable whenever Saptarshi says something like this.

But she feels something which confuses her a lot. She isn't able to pinpoint those feelings. That's why she ignores his words.

Saptarshi doesn't mind it. In fact He feels happy that she is becoming closer to him. They are progressing.