Chapter 9

right now i'm sitting on the edge of the bus, i stared through the window, and observed the city of Seoul, everything is so modern, lots of people are crowding, walking, and talking to each other in the busy streets.

i'm on the way to my second part time job with a sleepy face, i feel so dead in my insides, that was the first time that i made Mrs. J disappointed, i think i need a rest after this, and my mind is like "yeah, you do"

i hopped out of the bus as it stops to the bus stop, now i have to walk for 5 minutes until i reach the convenience store.

after 5 minutes, I reached to my workplace, i pushed the glass door open, and i went in.

i walked to the very front desk of the convenience store, I placed all of my stuff on an empty table on the side of the cash register.

I looked around in the desk, and I saw my co-worker, Ann on the cash register, I asked her.

me: ann, where's Jin?

she counted the number of crashes in the drawer, and placed them each on the containers, she answered without looking to me.

Ann: he's in the staff room.

she said with no emotion, just concentrating on her job, she's always like that, I nodded my head and went straight to the staff room.

in the staff room.

I opened my locker and took out my uniform, I changed my uniform into my work uniform, and now, I'm gonna search for Jin.

"j-jin, where are you?" I mumbled.

"I'm right here" a voice on the other side of the room replied to my question.

I opened the door to the other side of the room, and there he was, just arranging the supplies in the grocery in the stock room.

me: are you good now?

he took a handful of biscuits on his hands and placed them on the shelves, he turned his head to me and nodded with a smile.

Jin: yep, I'm good, just a little headache and I'll be fine.

me: you sure?

I asked while fixing my hair into a bun, he nodded while fixing the stocks.

-

2 and a half hour later.

me: your total is ₩26,000

I said while putting the customer's bought items in a paper bag.

customer: thank you.

his eyes landed to me, and to the paper bag that I handed to him, he puts his hands close to mine.

but his hands landed on my wrist, and slowly goes down to my hand, he took the paper bag, while his other hand reached out to his back pocket, and pulled out his wallet.

I began to be uncomfortable, he looks like he's in his early 20s, his bucket hat is covering his face, together with the ends of his hair, he's dressed in all black.

he scanned through his wallet and took out a 30,000 won bill, he handed it to me without looking into my eyes.

customer: keep the change.

he said with his low voice, and left, didn't even wait for me to say thank you, strange.

I continued to count the amount of money in the cash desk so that I can record it in my paper, I have a few hours left here.