Chapter 12

5:30pm, convenience store

im in my second part time job right now, i'm in the cash desk and there are so many costumers coming in and out everytime and every minute, even if it's already nighttime, or in the middle of the night.

"Y/n, can you help me stock the boxes on the top of the shelves?" my co-worker, Sandra, asked for my help.

i went off from the chair that i was sitting on, now, our old lady friend, ann, took over the cash desk while i walked to Sandra, i climbed up to the tall ladder then she started to hand out the boxes.

she gave me 4 boxes and then i started to stack them into the tall and high shelves.

while i'm standing on the ladder while Sandra helps me fix and restock the things in the supermarket, i could feel this sense of being watched, just across the street.

maybe i'm overreacting about this? or is it just stress? 

-

while  was  restocking the shelves filled with boxes, Sandra suddenly stopped reaching the boxes for me, she turned her head around to the glass window that is transparent, everyone could see what's happening from in here, and out in the streets.

"sandra, what's wrong?" i asked while wiping the shelves that are filled with dust.

"u-uhmm" she wasn't able to speak her words properly, i could feel that something's happening.

"i-is there something wrong?" i slowly went down from the ladder, and then i stood up beside her, she's still gripping onto the boxes that she's holding.

she looks at me with her nervous eyes, and back at the busy road.

"i feel like someone's watching us from the other side of the road" she whispered.

i froze like ice at her, my heart started to pound a little faster than before.

"y-you feel it too?" i whispered back.

-

"yes unnie, i really do, i've been sensing that someone's watching us, even last 2 weeks ago" she said while her voice was trembling.

"really? d-do you know who he is?" i asked sandra while i was patting her back, trying to calm her down.

"n-no unnie, h-how about you?" she asked while she wipes the dirty shelves before putting the other stuffs again.

"n-no, not either" i said.

we can't stop doing work, or else we'll get fired if we do, no chitchatting either, or unless we're doing work, well, that's fine for us.

-

6:00pm.

my shift's about to end now, and i'm currently cleaning the shelves while the other costumers are on the line, some of them are on the shelves, shopping for what they need.

 after wiping the dirty shelves, i walked to the staff room, and started to change my clothes to my casual clothes, i'm leaving my uniform in my locker, i still have lots of them.

after changing my clothes, i fixed my hair into a normal hairstyle, then, i bid goodbye to my co-workers, then i left the convenience store

i feel like it's just a normal day ahead, nothing fancy, just seeing a lot of people in the busy streets, and cars driving, the streetlights are on, and the wind is refreshing, i really need a rest.

as i walked to the bus stop, i took my phone out, and i started to scroll through my social medias, but i feel this weird sense of feeling.

someone is really watching me.