Always trust your gut

After Homura's last meeting and defeat with the turtles he retreated back to japan  to 'take stock'  As he called it.  The turtles and their allies were stronger than he gave them credit for.  He was angry.  Furious in fact.  And Karai would have found it amusing if it were not for his constant threat on her family's life's.  He would visit her in her cell every other day, to either taunt her or prod her for information on the turtles location or their fighting techniques, their secrets.  She received  beating every time she defied him.  And when ever she was seen meditating he had his guards throw buckets of cold water over her.  He knew the power of meditation, and he was not about to allow her that privilege.  He no longer saw her as his sister, but as an enemy to their father.  And somehow through all this her spirit remained strong.  He did not expect this of her.  And so he decided he needed to come up with another plan to find the turtles.  

He could kidnap the girl again.  But she is also strong, and will this time be more prepared.  The turtles probably have her somewhere safe.  He sat in his office thinking, consulting with the elders of the foot clan.  Until he came up with an idea.  He grinned and called in the chief of the clan, and began explaining his new plan.

Across the ocean in New York Donnie was feeling better.  He was able to walk unaided now, and his brothers were beginning to back off and let him do things without supervision.  Donnie was relieved, he was starting to feel a little claustrophobic with his brothers keeping a constant vigil over him.  Although he did appreciate his brothers efforts.  But he was on the mend, and soon he  could head on patrol with them again soon.  He just had to complete a few more weeks of physio with Master Splinter and Leo.  (Y/n) hadn't been down to the lair since the other night.  Donnie was a little disappointed, but he was sure she would come back.  He hoped she would any way. 

(Y/n) had spent the day walking around with a renewed energy.  And everyone around her had picked up on it.  'Spoken to the ex again?'  Marcie asked as they made their way to meet the others in the bar at the end of their Friday shift.  (Y/n) grinned and nodded.  'Sigh, (y/n).  Are you sure this is the right thing to do?'  (Y/n) looked at her friend.  'Sigh, Marcie.  I know your worried.  But it's not just Donnie i'm reconnecting with.  It's his family, his brothers and father all took me in as one of their own when I had no one else.  No family, no friends.  They were there for me from the day I met them.  It's more than just me and Donnie....'  She looked at Marcie, with eyes begging her to understand.  Marcie looked at her, into her eyes.  She could see that (y/n)  was serious about her relationship with Donnie and his family.  'I guess I don't completely get it.  So, if your happy, then I'm happy for you.'  (Y/n) smiled at her friend.  'Thanks Marcie.'  She said.  The pair arrived at the bar and were greeted by Freddy, Vilma, and Scott who had already got a round of drinks in.  (Y/n) and Marcie sat at the table and the night began.  But something deep in (y/n)'s gut told her she shouldn't be there.  Or at the very least, she should stay in control and not drink too much.  She couldn't put her finger on it, but Casey's words from nearly a year ago popped into her mind.  'One thing i've learnt since meeting the turtles is trust your gut'.   She was offered another drink,  She took it, but took her time over it, in the hope that she wouldn't be bought another one.  While she drank it she tried to think of a good reason to leave.  Then she had an idea.  She excused herself and made her way to the restroom.  Once she was in a cubical and the door was locked she sent a text to April.

You;  At the bar with the work friends, but need to get away.  Can you call me in 20 mins and give me an excuse to leave? x

(Y/n) made her way back to the table and waited.  After about twenty minuets (y/n)'s phone rang.  She knew she could count on April.  She picked up hep phone and answered the call.  'Hello?'  '(Y/N)!!'  April shouted down the phone, so loud that the people around the table heard her and (y/n) had to move the phone away from her ear.  'April?'  She said acting confused in front of her work friends.  'We need you to get round here! We need you!'  April announced down the phone dramatically.  (Y/n) had a mental image of April with her hand on her forehead and pretending to faint as she spoke.  'Ok, calm down,  i'm on my way April!'  (Y/n) hung up and looked at her friends.  'Uh, sorry guys, I need to go.'  She says getting up.  'Everything ok?'  Vilma asks.  'I'm not sure, but it sounded urgent.'  She said.  'Well, let us know if we can help in any way.'  (Y/n) smiled.  'Thanks guys.'  She felt guilty bailing on them like this, but the feeling she had was making her feel uneasy.