Getting to know you

Donnie's POV

'I really want to stay and talk some more, but I promised I would be back at the lair soon' Donnie thought to himself. 'Hey (y/n) I really need to get going.' 'oh' (y/n) says disappointment in her eyes. 'Will I see you again Donnie?'   'If you want to, but I cant see why you would'  'To be honest, since moving here, your the first person apart form my boss who I've really spoken with, and well, i've enjoyed what conversation we have had.   Admittedly its not been much apart from me begging you to come out of hiding' She says with a giggle. I giggled back. 'Okay' he says, 'next time im passing will it be ok to come say hi?'  'Of course it would be' (y/n) says with a smile. 'Okay, I shall then' And with that Donnie jumped from the roof top to the neighbouring one.

Your POV

I watched taken aback at how far a turtle can jump, you saw him stop for a second and turn to you again, he waved over to you one final time and he was gone. 'Wow' I thought 'that was unexpected.'  I climb down the fire escape and back into my apartment.  I suddenly realised how cold I felt from standing outside all this time, and went to make myself a hot chocolate before heading to bed.

No ones POV

As Donnie jumped from roof to roof he couldn't help the rising feeling of excitement in his chest. 'I spoke to her, I can't believe it! And she spoke to me, and shes not scared of me! I really cant believe it!' He thought to himself. He was so excited and happy he let out a very loud 'waahooooooooo' and he continued his way across the rooftops. setting off numerous dogs barking. 'Heh' he thought to himself too happy to care. He ascended down into the sewers and made him way happily back to the lair.

Back in the Lair Mikey and Leo were watching TV, while Raph was punching the stuffing out of the training dummy. Mikey was the first to notice Donnie's return. Donnie trying to keep his overly good mood to himself.   He wasn't sure how his brothers would react to him revealing himself to another human. 'Yo Don!' 'Oh hey Mikey' Donnie said trying to sound casual. 'What cha find at the dump? Anything useful?' 'Doh!' Donnie thought 'I forgot that I was suppose to be heading to the dump' Now both Mikey and Leo were looking at him awaiting a response. 'Errrr... Nah, there was nothing of any use tonight.' He lied. 'Oh' Mikey replied, 'oh well, better luck next time D!' Donnie headed towards his lab, 'if you guys need me, i'll be working in here' He calls over his shoulder, and quickly ducks into the lab and closes the door.

He sits at his desk, but instead of working on one of his many projects, he just sat there deep in his thoughts, all about (y/n).

Your POV

I wake up the next day, in a really good mood. I haven't been in this good a mood for months now. I shower, get dressed and head out to work, I stop off at the coffee house on the way and grab myself a pumpkin spiced latte and a flat white for Ms M. I arrive at work to be greeted by Ms M and a new project. 'Yay!!' I think. I'm really beginning to get a knack for this up-cycling thing. The day went by quickly and pleasantly. And before I knew it, it was time to head home. And bonus, Ms. M was closing the shop for a few days to go upstate to visit some family. So that meant a few days chill for me. Woop woop! I got home and cracked open some wine, I poured myself a glass and took a sip while trying to decide what to have for dinner.

After about half an hour I decided to make a chilli.  My mum used to love the chilli I make. I smile to myself sadly at the memory As the ingredients are simmering in the pan, I play my music in the background, and sit at the kitchen island while scrolling through my phone. I that I had a message from a friend back in the UK asking how things were going. I miss Jayne, we've been friends for about 15 years. I replied and put my phone down on the counter when I heard three knocks at my window.