Light Duties

Once Donnie had finished patching (y/n) up he helped her stand and walk out to the lair where everyone else had gathered.  Still feeling on cloud nine that she has decided to stay,  Donnie eased her down onto the sofa and fetched her a drink.  She needed to replace the sugars she had lost from bleeding.  'Thanks Donnie.'  She said with a soft warm smile as he handed her a soda.  'DUDETTE!!'  Mikey cried when he saw her and rushed to her side.  'Are you ok?!'  He asked looking worried.  'I wanted to come in, but Raph wouldn't let me!'  The youngest said with a pout.  'Heh, I'm fine Mikey.  Donnie took care of me.  I'll be ok.'  'How is Karai?'  Leo asked.  ;she's stable.'  Donnie replied looking more serious.  'How long till she wakes up?'  Raph chimed in.  'I have no idea Raph.  I need to go thorough the medical notes Bishop left.  I guess it's just a matter of time.'  The team all stood and chatted about the events of the night when Master Splinter entered.  After Leo had sat and told the story to his father, the Rat Master had requested a moment to gather himself.  It was evident to Leo that his father was overcome.  The room fell silent as all eyes landed on the Rat Master.  'My friends, my family, I cannot begin to tell you how happy and how grateful I am at you all having risked so much to bring Karai home to me.  Time and time again the foot clan have sought to destroy me, my family, all I hold dear, but it has become clear to me now that never come to pass all the time we remain.  Together we are strong, and I could not be more proud of each and every one of you!'  Master Splinter looked around the room, feeling blessed that he has such a family around him.  'Now, if Donatello will allow, I would like to sit with her for a moment.'  Donnie jumped to attention.  'Of course Sensei, please, go right ahead!'  Master Splinter nodded.  'Thank you my son.'  And with that he, made his way into the lab to sit with Karai.  

It was at this point that Leo decided to call it a night.  April and Casey had left minutes before.   He thanked the Mutanimals for their help, and assured them that he would keep them updated on Karai's recovery.  'You guys go on.  I'm going to stay up for Master Splinter.'  Leo said.  Raph let out a long, loud yawn stretching his arms up above his head.  'Sounds good ta me, I'm beat!'  He said.  'Yeah, i'm always sleepy after a good beat down.'  Mikey said throwing a few mock punches into the air in front of him.  (Y/n) chuckled, she sat up in an attempt to stand, and her chuckle turned into a hiss of pain.  'Ow, dammit!'  She cussed quietly.  'Oh, (y/n).  Here lemme help you!'  Donnie said rushing to her aid.  'Thanks Donnie.'  She said taking his hand.  He gently helped her to her feet, and let her use his arm as support.  Once she was on her feet she gripped hold of her side and slowly made her way to her room. 

She got to her room and sat on her bed.  The pain in her side brought a tear to her eye.  She winced as she tried to lay down.  She gave up.  'Ugh, I can't see me getting much sleep tonight.'  She despaired to herself.  She was just about to make a second attempt to get comfy when there was a tap at the door and Donnie's voice from the other side.  '(Y/n), can I come in?'  'Yes!'  She called back.  The door clicked and opened to show Donnie looking a little sheepish on the other side.  She smiled.  'What's up?'  She asked.  'I uh, I brought you these.'  He said holding up a little medication cup and a glass of water.  'It's Diclofenac.  Pain killers.'  He said handing them to her.  'You seemed like you're still in a bit of pain.'  She looked up at him.  'Thanks Donnie, just what I need!'  She said before popping the tablets in her mouth and gulping them down.'  Donnie smiled down at her.  'I hope that helps you sleep better.'  He said.  (Y/n) winced again which did not go unnoticed by Donnie.  'Me to.'  She said, feeling hopeful that she might actually get some sleep now.  Donnie felt a warm fuzzy feeling in the pit of his stomach, but he ignored it.  He began to walk towards the door, before he shut it he glanced over his shoulder.  'Night (y/n).'  'Goodnight Donnie!'  She called after him as he closed the door.  She laid down and waited for the pills to take effect.