WATO 4

Being an instructor is tiringly hard, he comes home exhausted from dealing with students every day. Imagine, having four units a day plus being an adviser of Drama club, he has to lengthen his patience and perseverance to finish the day. But he doesn't really dislike this line of work, in fact, he's slightly loving it. He loves how he was able to share his knowledge as a former actor, at least this way, even if he's not working as one he was able to at least use it in a way that he hones future artists. Because of his previous profession as an artist, working as an instructor in performing arts gives him an advantage. He's not regretting his decision to leave acting behind, at least it became worth it to share them instead.

"Professor Liu Zhuocheng and Professor Xiao Zhan, the principal is asking for your presence."

The speaker went off after the announcement. Zhan and Zhuocheng looked at each other who were busy on their own work, then shrugs as they stood on their feet, closing their laptops, getting ready to head out.

They arrived at the principal's office, standing in front of his desk and giving him a bow of respect. "You called us, sir?" they both mutter in unison.

"You know full well why I've called you out here?" he asks them.

Zhan smiles, "It's about the contest, sir," he answers. Since his drama club had been practicing for a month for a contest the next day.

"Right. The financial assistance for the students' travel expenses is already finalized, the school's bus will be used as their mode of transportation was approved as well. And about the food and lodging, we've already booked three large rooms at the hotel near the contest venue, omegas, and beta-females in the same room, alphas, and the beta-males, in another room, and the other room will be for both of you. The hotel will also assist you with the food so there's nothing to worry about," the principal announces.

"noted sir," Zhuocheng replies. 

"How about the kids, are they ready?"

"They were doing great sir," Zhan answers, extremely confident at the drama club's performance.

The principal grins, "I'm expecting a good result, Mr. Xiao. Anyway, that's all I want to tell you. Good luck to you and your students."

"Thank you, sir. We'll do our best," they both bowed. 

Before they leave, the principal speaks again, "I heard a famous actor will be one of the judges."

They looked at the principal eyes wide. Zhan is worried that that famous actor might recognize him, while for Zhuocheng, he's was surprised and excited at the same time. 

"W-who might it be, sir?" Zhan asked, almost stuttered. He can't afford anyone recognizing him. It didn't even come across his mind that that possibility might happen, it was only now when the principal mentioned them. Well, anyways, he plans on wearing a mask the whole program to avoid anyone recognizing him.

"It's a female actress, I forgot her name but the organizer said she's famous. She's an actress abroad but came back a year ago," he answers that gave Zhan relief.

He's glad that it's someone and not the person he least wanted to meet. he sighed internally in relief, bringing back his smile. "Oh, I see. We'll be seeing them in the contest anyway, sir. It's okay." he answers. 

"Then we'll be on our way, sir," Zhuocheng bids which the Principal nodded. 

They went out of the office, their professional stature wear off after leaving the office, Zhuocheng, who's keeping his excitement was able to let out his emotions. 

"God! I'm excited!" he chuckles, making Zhan smile at him. 

"That's something to look forward to," he replies, though for him he's wary of what might happen when he encounters someone who knows him, it's Beijing after all.

.

The night had come.

Zhan was able to fetch Sean from daycare after arriving earlier than his usual time, he dismissed the drama club members earlier for them to prepare for their departure tomorrow.

"Mommy! Mommy!" Sean excitedly calls him after changing into his hour wear, running from their bedroom to the kitchen where Zhan is preparing for their dinner. 

"Hm, yes baby? What is it?" he asks, eyes on the food he's cooking but attention is on his kid.

Sean giggles, tugs on his mommy's pants, trying to make him look at him. Zhan chuckles, feeling the tug from his baby, and so he looks down to glance at him. "Why so giddy?" he remarks with a chuckle then bringing his eyes back to what's he's doing.

"Today, today, I meet an uncle!" he answers, eyes shining.

Zhan pauses to look at his son then back, "Really? Who's this uncle, do I know him?" he asks.

Sean tilted his head for a second to think but then smiles again, "Mommy doesn't know the uncle. he is a new face!" 

Zhan raised an eyebrow, intrigued at his kid's confession, "Is it a visitor at your school?" he asks.

Sean shook his head, "No! I found him outside the school!"

Zhan's brows furrowed, if he found him outside the school, it means it's a stranger, "Why did go out of the school baby?" he asks softly.

"The uncle smells nice. It makes Sean sean happy!" the kid innocently answered.

Zhan sighed, he's worried for his kid's safety if he's easily drawn just by a scent.  "Baby, not because the smell is good, you can't go wandering off with yourself. tell your teacher first before talking to strangers," he reminded.

Sean pouted slightly but then gleamed right away, "But he's principal Haikuan's friend already so he's not a stranger anymore~" he answers. 

Zhan sighed again, "either way, don't go talking to strangers next time okay?" he reminded him. 

Sean nodded vigorously, showing his pinky, "Pinky promise!" 

Zhan chuckles at how cute his son is, he entwined his pinky with his to seal their deal. 

"I will introduce you to that uncle when we see him!" he giggles.

"Yes, yes. Now get to your seat and we're going to eat," Zhan says, closing the stove off. Sean obliges and runs off to the dining table, taking his seat as he waits for his mother to set the table.

.

"Baby, mommy will not be with Sean in two nights, is that okay?" Zhan asks his kid in the middle of them eating.

Sean who has his cheeks full, tilted his head, looked at his mother curiously, "Why?" he asked in a muffled voice. 

"It's for work, baby. Where do you want to stay? Grandmommy or with Iku and ZouZou?" he asks. 

Sean lightens, eyes twinkling in excitement and ignoring the loneliness without his mother for two nights, "Can I sleep with ZouZou and Iku?" he asks, amused.

"Well, yes. Uncle Cheng says you can stay with them since I and uncle Cheng will go together for work," he answers.

"Then, I want to be with ZouZou and Iku! I will go with Grandmommy on weekends anyway~" he says, bringing back his attention to his food and stuffing his cheeks full. 

Zhan smiles at his kid fondly, he's a little disappointed that his son looks more excited than sad that he will not be around but he's relieved that his kid easily understands. 

----

A/N: A little short I guess? HAHAHA