WATO 19

"You're here again." LiYing gave him a death glare upon opening the door for him.

It's been four days since Yibo knew that Sean is his son and keeps visiting their household, and there's no day that she'll never welcome him with that greeting. She glares at him in the period of time he spends at Zhan's house but tries to be neutral when Sean is looking their way. Zhan as usual hides himself when Yibo is around, holing himself inside their room. He doesn't want to get any of his sights or he might break down again, he takes home school works and gets busy on them to distract his mind until Yibo leaves. He doesn't really take home his paperwork from school, he finishes them at school before he goes home, that's how he is. 

While Sean didn't notice everything as he was too focused on his friend whenever he visits them. He sure notices the eyebags and puffy eyes of his mother every morning but what can the kid think? He just thought, his mother was just overworked, and so he just scold him them gives him kisses to ease his 'tiredness'. 

Zhan never complains, it is hurting him seeing the person who caused him pain, even a glimpse makes his heart feel crumpled. But seeing the bright smile on his son's lips whenever he's enjoying himself with him, why should he complain? It's his son's happiness, all he wanted is his son's happiness, nothing more. He doesn't want those smiles to fade just because he's beginning to break into pieces again. 'It doesn't matter how painful seeing him, he'll disappear sooner or later anyway,' is what he always tells himself whenever he felt like crying. 'My feelings are not valid, my son is more important'.

Even so, LiYing isn't blind to not noticing Zhan's gloominess. Zhuocheng notices them too and tries interrogating Zhan, but Zhan shrugged them off. But for LiYing, she can't just shrug them off. Zhan is hurting and seeing him in that state, of course, it's hurting her as well. She has come to feel the butterflies whenever he sees Zhan's beautiful face, the mornings where they have small talks, her heart flutters. It was pleasant, her life decisions keep building up, and for the first time, she wants to go against her father. Her father was the one who put her in States to study and be successful, his father was the one who brought her back to China to get married to someone his father introduces, it was all her father's decision. 'Ah this must be love,' she thought whenever she gets a glimpse of the omega. 

"I'm here for the kid, not to pick a fight with you," Yibo greeted back, giving her cold shoulders as he passed by her. Upon seeing the kid, his lips curled up immediately. 

She rolled her eyes in annoyance, she can't even retort to that. Zhan also told her that Sean's happiness is the priority, and of course, she prioritizes Zhan and if Zhan prioritizes his son, then she prioritizes him as well even if she knew it involves the person she hates most. 'I will fucking break the engagement as soon as I can! I hate being connected to this asshole,' she said inside her head while throwing death glares at the other alpha, which the male-alpha had gotten used to. 

Yibo sits on the carpet, wiping Sean's forehead as it was already sweating, it's summer, can't be helped. "Did you wait long?" he asked the kid with his fond smile. 

The kid smiles widely, "I  played with mommy while I'm waiting for uncle!" he giggles, giving him a truck to play with.

Yibo looked at the truck that was given to him, a faint smile lingered on his lips, 'He really hates me huh,' he thought. Four days and yet the omega hides from him, he cooks for dinner every time but the omega doesn't even join them, but he never forgets to set a portion for him. He purposely cooks Zhan's favorite, cause it's one thing he will never forget. Pain strikes his chest, his free hand balled into a fist as he tries to stop his eyes to tear up. He wants to talk to the omega, he wants to listen to what he has to say, he wanted to clear everything between them, and he wanted him back, them back. But how can he approach him if the person himself doesn't want to be approached? Purposely hiding to avoid him?