WATO 39

"Mommy, I want water," Sean pouted, it's been about thirty minutes when Yibo decided to cook for their lunch and it's been thirty minutes that they are playing nonstop. Of course, Sean will feel thirsty. 

Zhan looks at his whinny son and smiled, "Okay~ Mommy will get you water," he singsong and stood from where he is crouching and about to have his step when LiYing stopped him by the wrist. 

"I-I'll go," she volunteered upon realizing that Yibo is inside and if Zhan will go there, they'll be alone together. 

Zhan chuckles at her, resting his palm above her hand, "It's not hard getting water, I can do it yeah? Just look after Sean for me," he smiled sweetly. 

LiYing's heart skipped a beat, it's too cute for her to handle like she just wants him to keep him in her pocket. 'fuck I'm too whipped,' she said inside her head, internally laughing at her own self. But then she focused on the problem at hand, though, she almost got carried away from those adorable smiles (or maybe she did for a second). 

"I- uhm... well I'm thirsty as well so..." she lied, no she can't let her fucking rival be alone with her Zhan. But then, looking back, Zhan prioritizes his son more. If she wants to get his favor, she should start with the kid. 

"Auntie, you told me we'll play this?" Sean butted in, making the female-alpha turn her gaze down at the kid. She smiles, right, she should start with the kid first. And so, she let go of his wrist, crouching back down to the kid. 

"Play with auntie in the meantime okay? I'll get you water," Zhan said to the kid then smiled at LiYing when he caught her looking at him. Then he turned his heels inside the house, leaving the two to have their own world. 

.

Upon hearing the door flung open, Yibo's eyes turned to the person who entered. A wide smile left his lips as he lean his back at the counter with his arms crossed across his chest. 

"What?" Zhan bitched out when he noticed the tension that Yibo's eyes were giving. 

Yibo shook his head and chortled at the omega, "Nah, you just look stunning..." he mumbles. 

He said it in his weak voice and kind of raspy but it didn't escape Zhan's ears. His cheeks burned at the statement, even so, he tried his best not to get affected. "Stop it," he rolled his eyes which the alpha answered with a laugh. 

"Anyway, why are you in here? I thought I said call me if you need anything?" he asked, pushing himself to stand on his feet as he grabs the ladle.

He jolted, remembering his purpose in going inside, "Oh, right. Sean and LiYing said they're thirsty so I came to get them water," he replied, marching into the kitchen. He opened the refrigerator to grab two bottles of water but then he jumped in surprise when he felt a warm breath beside his ear. 

"Oh, sorry," Yibo playfully apologizes, pretending to be sorry but in reality he purposely did it. 

Zhan glared at him with his pretty lips pouting. "You did it on purpose!" he scoffed. 

Yibo just laughed at his adorable whine, he opened the refrigerator and grabbed a vegetable inside, "You're just jumpy, I was just getting something," he teased, waving the item he is holding.

Zhan threw a death glare, stomping his feet back in front of the refrigerator, "hmp! hate you!" he scoffed, sticking his tongue out at him.

"Really?" The alpha raised his brows at him, smirking to tease the omega. 

The omega huffed, "Really! bleh!" he fired back, opening the refrigerator to grab the water but then he jumped once again when the alpha blows a warm breath at his ear.

"Stop it!" he whined, cupping both his ears as he backs away. 

Yibo just grinned, sticking his tongue out to tease him even more. But when he notices that the omega is wary of him, he just turns his heels back to what he is cooking, hiding his playful grin and thinking of another way to tease the latter. 

The omega squinted his eyes, a lot more alert and skeptical this time. He knows Yibo will throw something when he turns his back at him. As he faces the refrigerator once again, he glances at Yibo who's minding his business, squinting his eyes as he figures if the alpha will do something again. And when he made sure the coast is clear, he opened the refrigerator,  glancing at the alpha every now and then. 

The alpha laughs under his breath, he can see Zhan's small glances just by his peripheral vision and it's quite a sight. 

"Your so wary, I'm not teasing you anymore I promise," he laughed making the omega more suspicious of him. "Stop with your games stupid, I'll kick you!" he threatened which made the alpha laugh louder. 

"I won't, I won't," he laughed, his hands on his front, gesturing that he's surrendering. 

Zhan pouted then huffed, as he rummage back at the refrigerator. 

"Baby, I love you~" Yibo whispered into Zhan's ear as he stands behind him, unbeknownst to the omega who was standing at the open refrigerator door for almost five minutes already. 

Zhan jumped and cupped his ears instinctively at the sudden warmth, passing his ear. "Don't just sneakily whisper on my ear like that!" he pouted at the other. 

"Why? you look cute in your reactions," he laughs. 

Zhan raised an eyebrow at him, crossing his arms on his chest, "Entertained much?" in his bitchy tone, "I'll kick you when you did it again!" he threatened. 

Yibo just smiled fondly at him, as he snake his arms around the omega's waist. "yes, yes. I'll compensate you with a kiss instead," he coos. 

The omega just pouted, "kiss only?" 

The alpha smirked, "Then whatever my baby wants," he answered, leading them from one thing to another. 

.

LiYing wonders what's happening, getting water does not take that long right? But why is Zhan isn't coming out of the house? Her brows furrowed, curious at what's happening inside. 

"Sean, let's go inside?" she offered, opening her arms for the kid to jump on. 

The kid looked at her curiously, why is auntie LiYing wants to go inside? Is she tired already? Even with his skeptical questions inside his head, he wrapped his little arms onto her neck and once the female-alpha secured him, she stood to head inside the house. 

The sound of the door opening was loud enough to get attention but seems like the two who were standing in the kitchen didn't even notice their presence.  Seeing how Zhan's cheeks flush red and be flustered, LiYing's heart crumbled into pieces. 'Did I lose?', 'Can I even make him blush like that?' she thought as he watch the other alpha tease him. 'Fuck' is the only curse inside her head. Can she even compete with an ex? Looking at them now, they look domestic, there's no sign of awkwardness between them. And so she bit the inside of her cheeks, stopping her tears to escape. She already had fallen for the omega BIG TIME, and now seeing the domesticity between the two, her hopes were slowly crumbling down. 'Should I still fight?' and she feels like there's a heavy weight on her shoulders.

"Mommy! Uncle Bo!" 

She immediately came back to her senses. Looking at the kid, she smiled, thankful for the kid for speaking. Her tears were halted immediately, her resolve coming back like a lightning, 'Who said I'm giving up? I'll tell him what I feel for him tonight, even whatever the answer is,' she thought. It's now or never! 

----

A/N: lmao shitty update but well, I still hope you like the update. HAHAHHA

Ps. Gotta remind you, the italicized parts is their past. Hehe