WATO 22

"after you disappeared from me.. I- I realized, it's painful without you. I-i've searched for you! I swear! I tried contacting anyone whom you might be in contact with, but they all said they don't know..." He confesses, tears brimming in his eyes and eventually falling.

"I- I even tried contacting your parents but they said you gone overseas. I tried asking where could you have been but they turned me down..." He continues.

'I know. I'm the one who told them to not tell you where am I,' he thought as he listens, fist gripping tight on his knees as his tears falls on the back of his hands.

"... I was ready to look for you, whatever length it is. Wherever country you may have been... I swear!" He bawled. "P-please believe m-me..." He pleaded.

"I tried looking for you for a year, but I gave up. No one wants to tell me where you are, your company, your friends, your family. They all kept their mouth shut. So I gave up... I tried forgetting you, but I can't. Until now..." He mumbles.

Zhan stood up, he feels like shit hearing what he all said. Can't forget? For fuck's sake! Did he even treat him like his lover years ago? For Zhan, Yibo treats him just like a toy. A toy to satisfy his needs, his pleasure, and his rut. He comes home from work to do 'it', the next morning he'll disappear again. It's a repetitive process. Zhan even tries reaching out to him, canceling his schedule just to have quality time as a lover with him, but he'd just reject and proceed to go to work.

"Please, kindly leave..." He mutters, head held down.

Yibo looked at him with tears in his eyes. "Z-zhan..." He mumbles pleadingly, trying to reach the omega's hand. But the omega was quick to avoid his hand.

"J-just... Please leave... Don't show yourself for a while... Just please..." He sobs, his fist trembling. Zhan doesn't want to hear his excuses, he doesn't want to be swayed. He still loves him and if he gets swayed, it'll be the death of him if the past may happen again, he doesn't want to experience again how miserable he is for the past years.

Yibo's head lowered, 'Is that the answer? That I have no chance no matter what I do?' he thought. Standing up, he sucked up all the pain and smiled painfully, "I understand..." He mumbles, then took a step, as his steps get farther his tears keep flowing. Pain and regret looming in him, he's trying to change for the omega, for their son, so they can rebuild the family they failed to make. But Yibo doesn't know where to start, he doesn't know how to express his sincerity to Zhan, he doesn't know how to show that he really regretted how he treated him. But what can he do now? he's been shut off already. Should he give up? 

Even so, his heart is shouting at him, telling him to go on. Even if he goes through this pain of rejection every time, his resolve and the picture of his goal being fulfilled because of his perseverance are what make him strong. He wiped his tears and gritted his teeth, "Man-up, Yibo it's just the start," he reminded himself.

.

"Hon? your phone is ringing," Haikuan said from the living room. 

Zhuocheng is busy in the kitchen, preparing what will he cook for tomorrow. "Hm? Who is it?" he answers. 

"It's Zhan," Haikuan utters, grabbing the phone and bringing them to Zhuocheng.

"Hello?" the omega greeted when his husband answered the call for him and put it beside his ear.

Zhuocheng heard sniffles from the other line which made his hands stop from what he is doing, brows furrowing. "Zhan? You okay?" he asks. He immediately stops what he is doing and wipes his hands clean, grabbing the phone from Haikuan. 

"Cheng..." he sobs, followed by a hiccup. 

Zhuocheng's eyes were wide, he's certain that Zhan is crying right now. But why? 

"Should I come over?" Zhuocheng asks, deeply worried for his friend. This is the first time he heard Zhan cry, they've been friends for less than five years, and yet he hasn't witnessed this part of him yet.