WATO 46

"Mommy?" 

Sean made his way to the living room, looking for his mommy who is not beside him the moment he woke up. As he scratches his eyes with his little hands, he stood in front of the sofa. Still in his half-asleep state, he looks at the two who are sleeping peacefully, cuddling on the sofa. Zhan's face is resting on the alpha's chest while Yibo's head is resting on his head, slightly brushing his curls, his other arm is supporting the omega's back. It was small yet they fit well by hugging each other tightly, not even feeling any uncomfortableness by the small space they are sharing.

"Mhm, baby?" Zhan mumbles sleepily, turning his head to the sound of his son's voice but not letting go of Yibo, while Yibo, maybe a little awake just hums as he pulls the omega closer to his body. He heard the kid but he's more asleep than awake. 

The kid pouts, "Why is mommy sleeping with uncle Bo?" he sulkily utters approaching the two to hug them. 

Still in his half-asleep state, Zhan answers, "cause mommy likes uncle," which he says mindlessly. 

"I like uncle Bo too, Sean should sleep with you too," he sleepy mumbles with his small voice. 

Yibo's eyes immediately opened wide, he's now fully awake. Shock and amusement are on his face as he looks down at a half-asleep omega, still dazed from sleep. His cheeks are even flashing red hues and his heart is running wild.

It took Zhan a long moment before he realizes that he just confessed. His eyes immediately opened with his realization, he looked up to the alpha who is equally surprised. They stared at each other for a second, trying to put together what's happening. Zhan immediately jolted, realizing that his arms are wrapped tightly on the alpha's waist, which cause him to fall from the sofa with a loud thud. Zhan let out a loud groan when his back hit the carpeted floor, the carpet was fluffy but not enough fluff to protect him from the hard tile of the floor.

Instinctively, Yibo sat up to his rescue and swiftly cradle him and cupped his head, checking for any injuries. "You okay?" he asks frantically, looking at him closely and rubbing where it looks like where he hit himself. 

Zhan shook his head, wincing in pain, eyes shut and nose crunched. "I-it hurts back there..." he cried, little unshed tears are at the corner of his eyes. 

Yibo looked at him worriedly, Zhan still cradled on his arms, "I'm sorry, I should have caught you," he apologizes, rubbing his back gently. 

"Mommy hurt?" the kid pouted, tears already forming in his eyes. 

Zhan forced a smile, he can't let his kid see him wincing in pain or Sean will get sad. He reached for the kid's cheeks, caressing them gently as he speaks, "Mommy will be fine, don't worry, hm?" he reassures. 

The kid slightly calmed down but still worried for his mommy. And so he knelt, hugging his mommy by the neck, and pouted, "Sean will make mommy's pain disappear!" he said determinedly. He pulled away then rest his palm on his stomach then gestured like he's making his pain fly away, "Pain, pain fly away!" he chanted. 

The two adults chuckle at how the kid tends to him. "Oh my, the pain really disappeared!" Zhan chirps enthusiastically. "Thank you my baby Sean Sean, mom feels better now!" he says, pulling the kid into a hug before planting a kiss on his forehead. After pulling away he cupped his son's cheeks, "Now go and take a bath, hm?" he coos which the kid answers with a nod then he made his way to the bathroom. 

When the kid disappeared from their sight, they were left alone. 

Yibo's worried eyes are looking down on him, "That looks painful," he mutters. 

Zhan sighs then chortles, "I'm fine," he answers and is about to attempt in getting up but eventually failed, falling down on Yibo's arms. 

The alpha sighs, not convinced on the omega makes a front, "I'll call Zhuocheng and tell him you're taking rest," he said sternly. 

The omega frantically shakes his head, stopping the alpha by clutching his shirt's sleeve. "No! I already had many absences, I can't trouble Cheng with taking over my work!" he says. 

Yibo's left brow raised, skeptical at his reasons, "You think you can manage with your back hurting like that?" he asked. 

Zhan looked away. Well... it hurts like hell but he can't let his friend take up his job again. Zhuocheng has already taken over his work a lot of times.

"Just for today, hm? You need to rest until your back feels a lot better," the alpha coos, but seems the omega's not convinced. "Please? Just this once, you're hurt so rest is what you need. I'll come over during breaks to check up on you," he added. 

Zhan pouted, he can't give an argument this time. He does feel the pain in his back and it seems like it won't just relax in an hour or two. He sighs in defeat, the alpha's suggestion works better, "fine."

The alpha smiled, lifting him up easily despite Zhan being taller than him in some inches. Then he puts him gently on the sofa, being careful of his back. "I'll go prepare breakfast just in a while then I'll come back to you, I'll massage it so the pain may ease a little. Then I'll go take Sean to school," he offers.

Zhan nods, smiling back as he reaches for his phone on the lamp table beside the sofa. "I'll call Cheng then," he says. 

The alpha nods and stood, making his way to the kitchen and leaving the omega lying on his stomach, and dialing Zhuocheng's number. 

After five or more rings, his call was answered. He was welcomed with Zhuocheng's sleepy voice, either way, he talked anyway. "Good morning Cheng! I.. Uhhh have a situation?" 

The other responded with a hum followed by bedsheets rustling then footsteps, which means he was getting up from bed. 

"I- I kinda hurt my back and I- uhh well..." he paused. 

"...What cause you to hurt y--*yawning sounds* to hu--" He stops midway as he realized what his friend meant, "-you did "It"???" he asked, voice ringing loud that Zhan needs to pull it away from his ear. 

"No! why-- it's a misunderstandin--"

"Ohhh~ did you do it so much that you feel sore?" the other teases making the omega blush.

"S-stop! we did not do such thing!" he denies, voice raising which caught the alpha's attention. Yibo looked at him questioning, mouthing him a 'are you okay?'. Zhan just nods and even gave him a thumbs up.

"Why so defensive?" the other keeps on teasing, he can even picture his friend smirking from the other line. 

Zhan sighs in defeat, well, whatever his friend believes is up to him. "Whatever you say," he rolls his eyes, "Anyway, so I want to ask you if you can do me a favor?" he said sheepishly.

The omega on the other line chuckles, "Of course, for my friend! I know you had a wild night!" he answers.

Zhan sighs once again, "Whatever," he answers and laughs anyway. "Thank you, by the way, see you when I see you," he uttered, not even trying to clear up the misunderstanding before cutting off the call. 

"Bye~" Zhuocheng bid with teasing in his voice. 

Zhan rolled his eyes at him. 

Yibo smiled fondly at the look of the omega, carrying a mug of morning tea, he made his way to the living room. "Here, I'll massage your back first then you can drink the tea. 

---

A/N: Bye, my brain is already one with the holiday seasons and just wants to rest, lol