WATO 25

Three days. Three days have passed since the day Yibo stopped stopping at the daycare and at Zhan's house.

Yibo would still watch the kid from afar, in the morning and in the evening were Zhan fetches him (and of course to take a glimpse of his Zhan). He's being careful to not let the kid pick up his scent just like the first time he met him, so they would not come across each other. It became repetitive process in the span of three days, he doesn't have a choice tho. He doesn't want the omega to hate him more than he already is. 

As for Sean, he still waits for his uncle Yibo to play with him. His teachers, his uncle Haikuan and his mommy always tells the same thing, "Uncle must be busy", "Uncle must be tired". But as a kid, he just nods. Kids tends to trust what adults say for they minds are still developing, trusting the reassurance they give even though there is no certainty to it. 

Zhan can feel his sadness, but all he can do is cheer up the kid, reassures him with empty promises, and distract him from his sadness. Yes, he wants his kid  to be happy, and he's blaming himself for lashing out to the alpha and letting his emotions run free. He's blaming himself for getting angry and telling the alpha to not show himself. If he was able to hide his emotion, would his kid be sad like how he is now? Is being able to hide the pain, and keep them hidden for the rest of his life is the wisest choice? Is being selfless and prioritizing his kid's happiness will be the only way to lead his life even though it's already hurting him big time? 

Zhan sighs as he cupped his head, what ifs are running in his head nonstop. His headache are getting worse everyday. 

"Hey." 

A voice called making him turn his head only to see Zhuocheng standing beside him, a medicine on hand and a bottle of water to the other. 

"Your having a headache again?" he asked, concerned. Zhan has been experiencing them since that day, his friend might not tell him but he can see that Zhan is in pain whenever he gets a glimpse.

Zhan smiled faintly as he accepts the medicine and water, then nods, "Yeah, kinda," he replies, drinking the medicine and water in one gulp.

"You sure you're okay? I can excuse you so you can rest, I'll fill your classes..." he offered. 

Zhan chuckles and shook his head, "No, I'm okay. The headache will be gone when the medicine takes it's effect. You worry too much," he shrugged off to reassure his friend who seems to be not convinced with his acting tough. 

Zhuocheng sighs frustratedly,   "Fine. But if you feel like you can't endure it anymore, tell me so I can excuse you," he says sternly.

Zhan nods, "Yes, yes~" he answers, standing up from his desk and grabbing his laptop and textbook. His next class will be up in ten minutes but he decided to go early or Zhuocheng will just nag him with his mother instincts.

.

The shoot had finished at four in he afternoon in it's usual time. Yibo immediately grabbed his coat and went to his manager to tell him that he's leaving early. 

His manager smiled at him, "Daycare?" he asked, getting used of him getting off work right after the shoot is finished. What he can't figure out is, why is he so invested to a kid, well, it's still a good thing anyway so he doesn't question him.

Yibo nods, "I'll just check for a while," he uttered and turned away. 

"Sure, message me when you somehow getting back late," he reminded.

.

Yibo arrived at the opposite side of the daycare, and there he saw Sean. Sitting on the bench in front of the building where he always see him waiting. The kid seems to be singing nursery rhymes again that he just learn awhile ago. Yibo smiled to himself, as if all the tiredness drained out of him. "He's really cute, he got most of his features to Zhan. I wonder why didn't I recognize him from the start?" he mumbles.

Then he sighs, "I want to hug my son already, and play with him. If only I already made a plan to pursue Zhan," he grumbles. "Oh, right! The shoot will be finished Friday next week. I only have a week and few more days. Should I extend my stay here?" he mumbles, index finger on his chin as he thinks of  way, then he beamed, "Right, I've accumulated many vacation leaves. Maybe this is the time I can use them!" 

Just as he was able to made a decision, his eyes immediately went to Sean's direction. To his surprise, the kid was looking at his direction as well. They are both eyes wide as they stare at each other for sometime. 

After the kid made sure it was Yibo, he immediately stoop down his feet and ran to where Yibo is. His smile extending from ear to ear. Even though Yibo was far enough to hide himself, Sean was able to spot him easily.

Yibo panicked, how careless of him be found out. But if he runaway, the kid might be in danger in wandering alone. And even if he runs away, the kid already spotted him (their eyes even met). Yibo sighs, he have no choice but show himself to the kid or it'll be his conscience if something happens to him. 

He stood from where he is sitting, making his way to walk to the kid who is running his way to him.

"Uncle Bo!" The kid cheered.

Yibo smiled at him, opening his arms. And just as they met halfway, he carried the kid into his arms. 

"Uncle bo, you're not busy anymore?" the kid asks, looking at him innocently, eyes sparkling.

Yibo chuckles, should he lie or tell the kid that he'll be busy again for the next days? But seeing the kid being down everyday breaks his heart. He sighs internally, wiping the kid's sweat forehead with his hands, "Maybe I can play with you now that I'm not busy," he reassures. He settles to that decision. He'll just think of other problems later. Now, he just want to see his son smile and spend his free time with him.

----------

A//N: Lol, lame chapter. Spare me HAHHAHAH I'm stress because my laptop just suddenly overheated and now I need to let it be fixed. Anyways, thank you for reading! ❤